OK- It,s crunch time.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by durango444, Aug 26, 2001.

1. durango444

durango444 Well-Known Member

In 3 weeks I will be moving to my new house. It is in the same town that I have lived in for the past 8 years. 4 years same address.
    The question is: Should I apply for new cards now or wait till after I move?
    I'm afraid that having a new address will make the card issuers leary. I have a 710 Experian, 749 Trans Union, and 709 Equifax.
    The cards I'm thinking of going for are:
    Yahoo Platinum Visa
    Chase Platinum Visa
    Macy's
    Home Depot

Any thoughts or advice would be great, especially which cards to go for. I need some retail cards to round out my reports. I'm torn as to what to do.

Thanks

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I assume by moving you mean you closed on a mortgage and you are buying the house, not moving as in renting. Don't apply for a thing till you have the keys in your hand is the general rule. Don't risk the house...the explanation of the new address will be easier to explain, may prevent some online instant applications...but your scores are good enough to get the card after you qualify your new address.

Holding Roni back from applying was like trying to stop the earth from spinning :) She had her applications all filled out and sent them in the minute she moved in.

-Peace, Dave

3. durango444

Dave, Thanks for the reply. I will close on my mortgage in 3 weeks. The mortgage company ran me in early June, then again in early July. You are right though I don't know if they will run me again. One of the reasons I posed the question was because on Citibank's site they listed time at residence on their list of what card companies are looking at.

Thanks again.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Having just closed myself on June 22:) I can tell you DON'T apply for anything until you signed the papers and get the keys!!!!!

Also after you move when you update your current cards as soon as they update their tapes, your new address will appear. Mine appeared within 2 weeks of moving in, however I did run into a problem . When I applied I would of course put home owner ( I was so darn proud) but mortgage isn't reporting yet this was a flag to the creditors, they ran my reports address was correct however no sign of mortgage, this happened with discover they claimed they couldn't verfy my credit references, I called and they told me my mortgage info didn't match my reports, so be careful when doing this you may hit some snags early on until your mortgage reports which can take anywhere from 30-60 days, mine still hasn't shown up yet.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AS I TOLD RONI...KEYS IN HAND...

An application usually has current address and former address...

A former address of 4 years looks pretty good...

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yup, verifiying what everyone else told ya'. Don't apply for a diddlysquat, dingdang thing.......I know you didn't need to hear it again but I like seeing my post numbers go up so I'm posting anyway. And, I like saying diddlysquat, dingdang.....polly wolly bing bang..oooh, eeee, oooh, ah, ah.....

And, thar' she goes...

And, I don't want to miss this opportunity to say CONGRATS on the new house!

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

---NanaC---
    And, I like saying diddlysquat, dingdang.....polly wolly bing bang..oooh, eeee, oooh, ah, ah.....
    ------------

Hahahahaha ROFLMAO We love you MrsC, with a nick nack paddy whack, biddly bang shoo bop, polly wally doodle all day.

-Peace, Dave

PS Yes Congratulations Durango!!

8. durango444

Thank everybody.
    I have been staring at application screens all week. I guess I just needed to hear what I knew in my heart. Today I consider you guys my Credit Sponsors keeping me from applying.

Thanks All.

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

So many new home owners its easier to keep track of those that don't own. Congrats Durango.

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Aw, gosh, Nave...::::shuffling feet:::: it wasn't a goshdarn, diddlysquat, diggity diggity thing....

Durango..I know the feeling....this group here was the reason I got my house...they ROCK! Rock the night away....lalalalal

Sigh, I have no idea what is wrong with me...lol

11. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Nana, come chat with us on the Creditnet chat!

-Dave

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Aw, Dave, I'm sorry, I can't...promised I'd spend time with hubby. LOL I keep running in here on commercials and then running out...LOL

13. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Tell him youre making him a sandwich or something in the kitchen...all guys fall for the sandwich thing. :)

See you soon then. -Dave

14. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

15. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

====================================
    This B/S has nothing to do with being credit eorthy.
    ===============================