Ok, Preapproved ripoff

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jul 17, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Somebody just recently mentioned, and I can't find the thread, an offer that they got in the mail for $4000-7500. They said they called just to see what it was and the people wanted their checking account number or something..I think I just got this..I have it in my hands. I know there were suggestions for turning this over to somebody in authority but the person had shredded it. Well, tell me who and how and I'll turn this one over. Thanks

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I THINK WHAT THEY SAID...Take it to the post office or mail it to your local post office
    ATTN: POSTAL INSPECTOR~FRAUD DIVISION...

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Was that it..ok..I'll do it..thanks, George!

If whoever wrote the first thread would let me know, I'm curious if I have the same card. Know what sucks? I got preapproved for the $4000..the low end of the scam card! ROFL

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I wrote it Nana!

Put it in an envelope addressed to "postmaster @ your postoffice" and enclose a note saying that you believe this looks like mail fraud.

You don't need postage. Drop it in a mailbox. Voila!

They really do investigate. Matter of fact, when they find out you care, they will send you a little kit to use to report any other mail fraud.

breeze

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, Breeze! I will do that tomorrow! :) I should have known it was you! ::::::::::wink::::::::::

6. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

Nana, you may also want to report it to the FTC and BBB. I believe you can do this online.

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, Jzilla, I will..thanks!