Ok-step by step! How do you do cap1

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Moya, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Moya

Moya Well-Known Member

I have two capital one cards, one is $600 the other is $700... How in the world can I get a higher - high credit posted on my credit reports? right now they are posted at $632 and $602. I would want them to say $5000 and $5000 (since cap one will not post my credit limit?????) Someone please help me out?

2. Moya

Moya Well-Known Member

I was just kiddin' about the $5000.00 - I really would like to know what to do about getting a higher high credit reported...

3. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

Charge up to your limit w/o going over...and be careful of finance charges throwing you over - that can only hurt and they'll charge you $$ for going over. Do this a few days before your statement closess. If it's stuff you need, fine. Otherwise you can take the stuff back after your statement posts. Cap 1 will have reported it to the bureaus and that's all that matters. Do a search for the "Capital One trick". People here have stated that they've had success with this.

4. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

Cap1 has started only reporting at the beginning of the EVEN numbered months (Feb, Apr, June, Aug, Oct and Dec). This is to save money since they pay to pull AND to report. Dergos, of course, get reported immediately.

5. vectorz

vectorz Well-Known Member

Man, I've had Capital One credit card for 2 years now, and my credit limit is still $200. HOW THE HECK do I get them to RAISE my credit limit?

6. faztcobra

Have you used the heck out of this card? Or barely use it at all?

7. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Ok-step by step! How do you do cap1

Pay the bill on time. They raised me from $500 to $2250 in the 3rd month I had it.

8. faztcobra

Re: Re: Re: Ok-step by step! How do you do cap1

That probably won't happen anymore...especially since they're not reviewing accts but once every 6 months now.

9. 8004me

8004me Well-Known Member

I had some no fee BT checks and I wrote one to myself, just under the limit and paid it back BEFORE the close of the statement date Vola high balance now reported and did not have to take a Fico hit for the month.
    If you have some BT checks that carry a fee you would have to decide if it's worthwhile or not

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I BT'D IT TO THE MAX <LESS> $100...THEN MADE 3 OR 4 PAYMENTS THE FOLLOWING MONTH AND PAID IT OFF...

I have 3.90% right now...so I don't make real big payments on it...BUT it is always $100.00 or more than the MIN DUE

11. DaveH

DaveH Well-Known Member

Flyingifr , where'd you get the info on cap1 only reporting in even months? Is that true for all their products? TIA