Ok, Wam Bam! MBNA Approved!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Ok I am going to be cool about this aaaaaaaaaaaaah, naaaaaah !

I got approved today for the MBNA Plat Plus for get this ......$10,000!

I did not even have to PFB them or ask for reconsideration and they were practically hounding me at work, they left 4 messages to call back in two days! My office thought they were calling from collections.

I almost fainted, I was just hoping to get maybe 3500 or 5000 to build with them and then they gave me this with 0.0% intro through April of next year.
    Next year I will get the Quantum card.

I still cannot believe it all. In less than three weeks, I have gotten the big 4.or the big five

AMEX
    CHASE
    CITIBANK
    MBNA
    BOA Honorable mention!

For now my quest is over, until I am ready for the D Club card.

MBNA You hoookaa me up:)

Again much thanks, love and props to this board because it was certainly God that guided me here to get out of credit hell and things will be just fine.

Keep plugging away at it newbies, just six months ago I was stuck in subprime hell, so it can be done, good luck to all.

Cypri:)

2. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

You go girl w/your bad self.

I'm too scared of you flossing all that shine(lol).

Sister Girl

3. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

CONGRATS!!!!!!

:)

Greg

4. BruteForce

BruteForce Well-Known Member

yea, that's great news.

just out of curiosity, where did you stand 6 months ago point wise? and now?

i'm a newb and i'm trying to guage my successes.

5. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Congratulations! What was your score and what report did they pull?

6. uniondiva

uniondiva Well-Known Member

Girl,

you've got it goin on.......
    Congratulations...... I wanna be like you when I grow up.

7. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Now when that six-figue job comes in..YOU WILL BE THE SHIZNIT!!!! I am not even in sub-prime yet. Just a few more items to getrid of and I too can be like you. I started in June, so I guess that I am halfway there. P.S. Don't forget about my email.

8. star

star Well-Known Member

what did your credit look like a year ago? want to know if there is hope!

9. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Whoomp..........there it is! Whoomp......there it is!

O.k. I'm kidding! This is terrific!

....I'm takin back to the old school....

O.k. I'll stop.

10. Cyprigirl

Thank you all!

I am still smiling, I can't believe,I even skipped out of work a little early to let all sink in.

First to Brute: In May my score was 523 dI had about 12 negatives a piece on each report maybe more on others. I had old things and I had somethings that were not mine. Most of negatives were paid and the ones left were the ones that were not mine, I had a few battles with the CRAS but they caved in finally. The key is to be persisent. You can do it.

Kitt: I will definitely drop you a line tonight.

Newcomer: My score was 665 on EX and TU on 651 and they do pull both and they do call you at work if they are going to approve you.

They are very professional and I am very impressed. The funny thing is I thought they were going to deny me because the day before TU deleted my last negative and MBNA pulled my report the day before and I thought oh no here comes the denial letter. But as the saying goes the rest is HISTORY.

Thanks again!

11. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

It will be 7 yrs or so before I'm in your shoes, but we are working on my mom's. She has 2 late payments on her TU from 95 & 96, but loans show paid in full etc 1 time late. Experian is perfect -0- inquiries. Exquifax has 2 collection accounts that they state they have verified and will no longer do anything about (other 2 have deleted these same 2 accts). 2 inquiries on Equifax, 2 on TU. She has 3 cap ones', 2 providians, target, spiegel, lane bryant, texaco a car thru GMAC with 4.9% interest. Citibank denied her because of 1 collection acct on equifax. What does she need to do now??

12. Cyprigirl

did you send out validation letters to those collection agencies?

You really have to deal with the source of the problem and then attack the CRAS and if they continue to lie about verifying then follow with a lawsuit or attempted lawsuit.

Good Luck!

13. BruteForce

BruteForce Well-Known Member

thx for the response and once again....congrats! :)

14. monicagee

monicagee Well-Known Member

Congrats Congrats Cypri!!! :)

15. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Congrats Cypri!
    How long does it take before someone called you at work?

16. Cyprigirl

thank you !

Tommyy they pulled the reports Monday and on Wed and Thursday they have been trying to reach me.

So a couple days afterrwards.

Cypri)

17. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Cypri,
    Did you apply on-line?

18. Cyprigirl

No I called the number on the invitation they sent me.

19. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Cypri,
    I called MBNA CS today and rec'd the big ole denial for the Plat. plus card.
    I HAVE A 700 SCORE ON MY EX (THEY ONLY pulled one report). They stated my revolving credit was over 25% when compared to my $85,000 salary. My usage is around 40%. I called the reconsideration dept and asked for approval and they stated I need to get my revolving down from 35% to 25%. There were no other issues. I have the CITI plat. select $11,500 with 10.99%, and Target Visa 15.9% at a $2,000 limit. Is MBNA more difficult to obtain than most cards? I know AMEX is nearly impossible.
    Please respond. Thanks!

20. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I think you need to build a trust and history with amex. Seems that they keep score on you internally. They always pull equifax on me, and when I got approved for the platinum rebate card I only had a 661 beacon score. And about 8 inquiries within the last 6 months.