Ok, who has Discover and...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Jul 18, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

What was your Fico? I spoke with a very nice rep and he told me that Discover does everything possible to get you approved. They "go the extra mile". Hmmmm sound like a sales pitch to me. Anyhow, I just received another invite for Discover Plat. He did say that if I didn't qualify for Plat that I would be considered for the Classic. Well I don't want to take another risk if I don't have to. Can you guys help me out once again. I know I said I was staying on the wagon. I guess I'm getting a little cocky. Sorry.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

698 BUT HAVE HAD THE CARD FOR 5 YEARS...but I had to threaten to close the account to get a PIDDLEY(sp) $1,500 increase...I asked for $7,000...that's only $1,400/year...

I sent a second letter telling them that the $1,500 was a NICE TRY...but what about the other $5,500???

3. mother2

Thanks George...

I guess I'll give up on Discover and try Citibank. My score is no where near 700. I may have just gotten it to 600. ;o( Darn this repair stuff takes a long time.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks George...

When I applied, I may have had under 600...I have no way of knowing...

I had the regular card w/pre-approved platinum later on...

Do it , or don't do it...it's your decision...

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

6. mother2

That's the "invite" I received in the mail today.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They said I could close the account and re-apply, but I probably would get a much lower credit line and MAY EVEN BE DENIED!!!

ISN'T THAT NICE!!!

8. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I got a Discover Plat a few months ago (May or June) and my score (Equifax) was around 650 or so. 5k CL, 1.9% bt until 9/1, 14.9% APR after.

9. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

DISCOVER SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE HAD THEIR CARD FOR A YEAR!!!! NO INCREASE.... RAISED MY APR FOR NO REASON!!!!!!!!!!!IN MY BOOK, THEY SUCK!

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I HAVE WAITED 5 YEARS...
    YOU GOT 4 MORE TO GO...
    THEY WILL DO A "HARD" INQUIRY INCREASE ANY TIME YOU WANT IT...BUT I DON'T DO THOSE!!!!