Okay, I'm ready to do this...n

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MOCAFEEN, Oct 4, 2000.

1. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

Hi, folks. It's been a while since I posted here, but I have been lurking, and now I've made a decision that I'd like some input on.

Okay, I know, I know, I know...that there is really nothing that these "credit repair" services can do for me that I can't do myself. I know that. But...I started "working" on cleaning up some problems on my credit reports about a year and a half ago when I first began checking out this board and I have basically gotten next to nothing done in that time. I've gotten some great information in the past here and I know (for the most part) what needs to be done, but I just do not have the time to put into this project. I write a dispute letter, get an answer I don't like, and then drop it and never follow up. I am just too darned busy. So I have decided I am willing to spend the money and pay someone else to take care of this. What I'd like to know from you folks here who are "in the know" is who I should choose for the job. There's Lexington, and they are the first firm that comes to my mind, but I know there are others as well. When I read through the messages here from time to time I seem to read different opinions about Lexington. Has anyone had a truly good experience with them? Let me know, and also let me know if you've had a nightmare. Are there better firms for the task? I'd like to hear any opinions.

Thanks in advance for any input. This is a great message board, and I know the posters here will steer me in the right direction. :)

Thanks,
    MO
    (who used to be MOCAFEEN@aol.com, but is now MOCAFEEN@yahoo.com. Feel free to email me if you wish.)

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Okay, I'm ready to do this

Great to hear from you again Mo!! Unforunately I know nothing about Lexington, does Kristi's company carreon and associates do that kind of work?? What exactly are you trying to repair or fix, if I may ask??

3. Michael

Michael Guest

Mo,

I can't comment as I've never used these services. But I did check out Junum which at first I thought was a korean car.

However there fees seem to be very reasonable!

4. Blondie

Blondie Guest

MO,
    I am currently using Lexington...although they have got a firm called Johnson and Assoc. that they contract work out to. They are the ones that I am dealing with. I have had a good experience so far, it's only been about 2 months though. I see a lot of people post on this board that they never hear anything from them about their case, but whenever I email them, I always get a response in about a day. But, I think I also pay a little bit more than some of the other people. I am not on the e-client service, I guess I'm on the regular program, which is why I think they respond to me in a timely manner. My boyfriend always says, you get what you pay for, and I think in this case, he's right. So far, I have had a few collections taken off my reports, which I think is a good start. I think they are pretty reputable and I have nothing bad to say about them. I'll keep you updated on the status.

5. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

Hi there, Mom! :)

I think something I received from Carreon led me to believe that they don't do credit repair work anymore. I could be wrong; it's just that I have so little time to read all the stuff I get - I could have skimmed through something from them and gotten a wrong impression. Now Carreon I would trust. If they do credit repair I'd definitely give them a try.

As far as what I am trying to fix, well, there's just a whole mess of stuff. All kinds of errors from all different places. For the most part it's a result of my divorce in 1994, but to be honest, some of this junk I don't even know what it's from. For instance, my credit reports (all three) show a charged-off account from Capital One back in 1993 (should be off for being too old, anyway, but it's not) that says "included in bankruptcy". Well, I have never had an account with Capital One in my life and I have also never filed for bankruptcy. There are also a kazillion (that's a technical term) references to student loans all over my CR's. I did have a couple of student loans back in 1988, and I am sure I still owe a little on them, but I think several of the ones on my CR's may be my ex-husband's. And whichever ones are mine, I cannot tell who to pay or how much because they've been bought and sold so many times that there are duplicates all over the place. Then there are the medical bills. Several of them showing, and none of them mine. Don't know whose they are, but I haven't been sick since...well...I can't even remember when I've been sick. I don't even have a doctor and haven't seen one in at least 6 or 7 years, and even then nothing I couldn't pay for on the spot. But I digress...the bills aren't mine. But wait, there's more: Judgements that aren't mine (I have not been sued), an old landlord that shows I owe money while I have the documentation to prove I do not, and inquiries from places I never applied. I could go on and on. Actually, I have gone on and on...lol. Anyway, in the last year and a half I have managed to have a repo removed (which wasn't mine) and a judgement removed (also not mine). That's it. That's all I have gotten done in eighteen months.

You can surely see why I don't want to mess with these myself, especially since I barely have time to shower, let alone follow up on who I sent a letter to and when and whether they answered in the time they were supposed to. Obviously I found a little time to ramble on here today, though. LOL. Are you sorry you asked now? :)

MO

6. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

Thanks, Blondie. I appreciate the info. So far so good. :)

7. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

By the way, I am particularly interested in hearing anything anyone has to say about Junum. Just like another poster has said, it does sound awfully good at $8.00 a pop. And their site says you don't pay until *after* the item has been successfully removed. I suspicious about how they can afford to take the chance of not getting paid. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

MO

8. Kirk

Kirk Guest

I've been using the Lexington eClient program for ~3 months and have had great results. Just received my updated report from TransUnion and so far they have gotten 19 derogatory listings removed from there. I am waiting for updates from Equifax and Experian and am expecting those in the next few weeks. I know that others have had a horrible time trying to communicate with them but I haven't really had a problem. All of my emails have been returned within a few days and they even called once to answer an email question I had sent them. I am on the $75/$35 per month (eClient) plan an am very happy with their performance so far.

Kirk

9. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

Hi Mo:
    I saw where you were confused about what we do. Can you go directly to http://www.carreonandassociates.com/faq-pressrelease.html

That page is short and to the point and tells you exactly what we do and what our relationship with junum is. We will be providing some of their educational content soon too on their site. We met with them a few weeks ago and did form an exclusivity relationship. Visitors to Carreon who join junum through us will have additional carreon support free.

Good to see you on here again!
    Kristi
    CarreonandAssociates.com

MOCAFEEN wrote:
    -------------------------------
    By the way, I am particularly interested in hearing anything anyone has to say about Junum. Just like another poster has said, it does sound awfully good at $8.00 a pop. And their site says you don't pay until *after* the item has been successfully removed. I suspicious about how they can afford to take the chance of not getting paid. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

MO

10. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

Thanks much, Kristi! You are supremely helpful as always. I'll check that link out tonight.

MO

11. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

Kristi,

Quick question...or two. On the page you referred me to I saw a statement that your initial set-up fee for doing the MyJunum thing is $21.95 and then your monthly fees begin 30 days after you sign up. I could not, however, seem to find where it said what the monthly fee is. Am I overlooking something there?

Also, it says that when you sign up you get a Junum Visa. Is that automatic for everyone? I am assuming it is secured. Am I correct?

Thanks,
    MO

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Wow Mo, you have a battle ahead it seems. I wish you the best of luck too. I read Kristi's response, I am sure she can help you out. Good Luck and let us know how this turns out.

13. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

Will do. Thanks.

Momof3 wrote:
    Wow Mo, you have a battle ahead it seems. I wish you the best of luck too. I read Kristi's response, I am sure she can help you out. Good Luck and let us know how this turns out.

14. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

Mo:
    Yes, it is 21.95 per month or 33.95 per couple. Each person who joins the community does get a junum visa sponsored through a national bank. You are also right that it is only 8.00 per derog and only after removed. For more info did you see www.carreonandassociates.com/junum.com.html
    As far as Carreon goes, we can only follow and offer additional support to those who join directly through us otherwise we can't get into the extranet to see how you are doing. There of course is no additional fees for joining through us, it just gives you an added support product.

MOCAFEEN wrote:
    Kristi,

Quick question...or two. On the page you referred me to I saw a statement that your initial set-up fee for doing the MyJunum thing is $21.95 and then your monthly fees begin 30 days after you sign up. I could not, however, seem to find where it said what the monthly fee is. Am I overlooking something there?

Also, it says that when you sign up you get a Junum Visa. Is that automatic for everyone? I am assuming it is secured. Am I correct?

Thanks,
    MO

15. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Kristi

Kristi, did you say that everyone that is a member of Junum receives a Visa from a National Bank? When did this start? And where the hell is my VISA??

They will def. receive a call from me tomorrow!!

Reshod

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Here's what Junum told me....

I asked the junum.com rep about the card and she said that after they do a few deletions they start looking for a lender to give you a card. classic or gold. If you still dont qualify after a while they will offer you a secured card.

17. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

RE: Here's what Junum told me.

Forget that!! i already have Citbank, Discover and USAA CC. They can keep their little Visa.
    However, tomorrow i will be closing my account, since I learned how to dispute my own credit report.

Thanks
    Reshod

18. roni

roni Well-Known Member

reshod maybe you should slow down a little.

19. Hubert X

Hubert X Guest

What you learned is how to do inept and frivolous disputes, The CRA's throw them in the trash and then lie about verifying the derogatory items.

20. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You need to learn how to post,

You need to learn how to post your responses to the right poster. Otay.