OKay where is the confirmation

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Melissa, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

number on the equifax reports to use the online investigations? Am I just blind?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: OKay where is the confirma

Melissa it's hard to find, after you log on and hit score power the screen pops up with your personal information, scroll down to bottom and it is in TINY red letters, that is your conformation number.

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Hehehe - Melissa,
    I was looking for you and now I see it...it is in HUGE print at the top of page 1 of your report...mine says:

CREDIT FILE - Confirmation Number:1111111111

It is the LARGEST PRINT at the top.

I did not see it either until I stepped back :))

You online disputing while Junum disputes are in process??

-Dave

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Oh sorry, I thought you were referring to where the number is on the hard copy, not the online report. <oh well> -Dave

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

It is also on the first page right below start an investigation, but you need magnifying glasses to read it:)

6. Melissa

Thanks guys,
    nope this is for my dh's report. We didn't sign him up for Junum but a couple of things that were supposed to be included in bankruptcy just read charge off. So I want that changed. I hope I can find it now.

7. Melissa

ugh, honestly I still don't see it. There isn't any red print anywhere.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Okay when you view the page that has your personal info, name, address, social etc, under that you should see start an investigation in blue print, directly under that in very fine print is your confirmation number. I hope you find it:)

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Melissa, can you search the page? If you are in a browser, click EDIT (on the menu bar) and select "FIND (on this page)" (in Netscape it is different but similar). Once you see the text box enter "confirmation" (no quotes) and see if it finds anything. Just a thought -Dave

10. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Momof3, You can also set the size of some of the text in your browser (not all text will change size) and it may make the size issue a bit better to manage. On IE it is under VIEW on the menu bar then select TEXT SIZE. Maybe that too can help her find the words "Confirmation Number" -Dave

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks I didn't know that, b/c that number is very small to read.

Mom

12. Melissa

Personal Data consists of your name, current address and other identifying information reported by your creditors.
    Name: xxx
    Your Current Address: xxx
    City, State, Zip: Blue Springs, MO xx
    Date of Birth: xxx

investigate your file

If you would like to investigate an item in your credit file, please contact CSC Credit Services, Box 674406, Houston, TX, 77267 at (800) 759-5979

Different states have different disclosure requirements when delivering credit information. Please Click Here for a list of states and the disclosures required by each state. Click Here for Federal Disclosure information.

Equifax Consumer Services, Inc.

This is all that is on that first page, grrrrrr

13. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

Melissa

Melissa if you print a hard copy of the report it is on the last page in very small print.