Ol' Junum strikes again....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I just went to Worthknowing to get an updated credit report. I'm looking at my installment total balance and it's WAY low. So I'm thinking, "Don't tell me my perfected paid student loan that's been on my CR since 95 is NOT on my CR anymore". I start browsing the accounts and....it's gone.

Okay, so NOW I'm ticked. SURE, it's going to go into deferment soon, but that history looks good!

So for that person who contacted Trans Union regarding an account that Junum had taken off, can you tell me what you said to them and if the account has been put back? I know TU does a hard delete and even when things are sent back (via the creditor), it doesn't reappear on your credit report.

I checked Junum and it doesn't list that account as negative information, but it wouldn't, because it wasn't negative.

I'm grateful for what they have done so far, don't get me wrong, but I'm damn glad my time is coming to an end.

I'm checking my last CR against what I have on worthknowing (unless Worthknowing isn't complete and that's not beyond the scope of things either).
    We'll see if anymore good stuff is missing.

2. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Shantel,

As I stated before, I'm going to ride out the next four months that Junum gave me for free as a result of their mix-up. However, if they don't get it right by then, I'll go back to doing it on my own.

Maybe I'll ask Cyprigirl to give me some pointers. She seems to be doing better than Junum.

Manny

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Shantel,

I really feel bad for you about this!

I am almost certain that Saar is the one who got the TU "hard delete" reversed. Do a search on his name. I believe it involved Cap One.

Best regards - Jim

4. Shantel

To Everyone:

It's not Junum. It seems my loan has gone into deferment and it's showing up as a zero balance. The actual loan is still on my report but it doesn't have any payment history or any balance. (Unless, again, Worthknowing is screwing up).

If I've yelled "fire" and alarmed others, please forgive me. However, I have things that are being disputed and I will definately keep you all up to date.

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Shantel,

I am happy it was not Junum. In my 3rd round of disputing, a good tradeline disappeared from Experian. It turned out that the lender just quit reporting to EX. I made sure that the board knew that Junum didn't delete anything positive.

Now you have done the same thing. No problem at all.

Best regards - Jim

6. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Shantel,

If you don't yell fire, I will.

Just got my 3rd round of Junum disputes back from TransUnion yesterday.

On my TU are 3 positives, 1 negative. Junum did get two negs off on first round, none on the second.

Well, guess what, not only was the negative NOT disputed this time, two of my positive trade lines were! Thankfully they were verified by Cap 1 and Providian, otherwise I'd be very upset.

I do recall when they changed over the web site format about a month ago, a couple positive trade lines were being shown as negative listings, but were gone the next day. I may have gotten caught at just the right time with the "glitch" in their system.

Thankfully, no harm done, but after 3 rounds I figure they've done all they can do at this point anyway, so I'm giving them the axe.

Dan

7. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Manny, you can always drop me a line at calanova2000@yahoo.com.

Cyprigirl:)

8. Shantel

Okie dokie....I called and cancelled Junum today. No more playing around with them.

They sent out disputes for my inquiries...hopefully Equifax won't play that "matter of record" crap. I'm ready for them if they do.

So now that I'm on my own, I'll probably be asking more questions. I don't know how much time I'll have to do this because I start a new job soon. Which means I won't be posting as much anymore. :-( And I started my first Master's class so I'll be on just ask my question and get info. That sucks! But I won't be gone for good!

Oh yeah, I meant to tell you folks, Nia is my friend so be nice to her :) Gooooo Nia!

9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I think it's better to dispute on your own.. you can keep track of all your disputes.

It's not very hard either.. write validation letters and disputes of both duplicates and whatever else is on your report.

For me, i started with

TU: 25 negatives
    EXP: 24 negatives
    EQ: 25 negatives

and now down to:

TU: 10 negatives
    EXP: 9 negatives
    EQ: 10 negatives..

Good luck..

10. Shantel

Ender,

I didn't say it was hard. It's time consuming. My first reason for going with Junum was because I didn't know how to do it myself. My second reason was for the time-saving factor.

Now that I'm sure of how to do it myself, I'm sure I can be as effective. But the question is do I have the time to dedicate to it? It's almost like having another job.

11. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Ender,

wow that's great!

Do you send the validation letters first and then dispute or send them at the same time.

I am having a problem with Merchant's Association (MA) in Florida and they have ignored my requests for validation for 9 months and then I finally sent them a nasty letter, just about a week ago they finally requested verification from the creditor and they are continuing to report to the CRA.

I became enraged and fired off a letter to their CEO and my congressman.
    I demanded immediate removal from file.

My congressman responded today and I am still waiting on MA response.

How do you handle CA when they ignore your requests?

Thanks

Cyprigirl:)

12. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

For me, it wasn't too much.. I dedicated about 5-6 hours a month dealing with it and afterwards, just waited for the results to poor in.. all the deletions! =)

Especially for me, I am sending out 30 validation letters with 3-5 dispute letters every 30 days. I only have one more round before I sue and get everything else deleted bcause I already have the CRAs violating the FCRA..