Old Account

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Here's my deal,
    Back in 1993 I filed a chapter 13 BK but later that year I decided not to go through with it. A retail account that was listed in the BK showed last date of activity as 10/93 and charged off. The problem that I'am having is this company recently put it on my credit reports saying I filed a BK7 in 6/2000 and last date of activity as 06/99 which is a big fat lie. I disputed this with two cra's but experian will not delete it after disputing it twice with them,even though the other cra's have deleted it. I have finally got the phone number to this company which by the way has changed it name three times since I filed the BK in 93. I also know the seven year period has passed for this item to be removed, also I have a copy of my BK dismissal. Any advice before I call these's idiots. Thanks

2. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert with this kind of problems, but if I were you I would go like this:

- call the guys, tell them to delete it immediately, otherwise you'll sue.Tell them that they break federal laws.
    - Follow up with a nice certified letter with the same request. You should include a copy of your BK dismissal and any other papers.Also, tell them to notify you when they have corrected the problem
    - Wait a reasonable period of time... the time for mail to go back and forth plus about 5 business days. If they don't comply, sue the crap out of them.

You should also notify the FTC about this...
    and when you call the morons, let them know that you will.