Old Boyfriend-Sueing for Judgment

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by $wealth$, Aug 13, 2001.

1. cable666

cable666 Well-Known Member

I like the Judge Judy idea. It will make him look like a complete ass in front of the whole country, and you will get a free trip to LA (or NY, I don't know where they film this program) out of this. This is the kind of case that these court programs love!

2. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

Yeah, you have a point. It would be pretty humiliating.

But by the same token I will look like a dope for ever going out with him in the first place. I guess back then I was, huh?

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Hey $wealth$,

Don't feel ashamed. We have *all* been there. The best advice I got from a fellow lady is that every woman reserves the right to make a fool of herself over a man once in her life. :)

I hope you nail his behind in court. Actually - Judge Judy wouldn't be such a bad idea. His type may need that kind of public exposure to snap him out of this stalking mode. Just watch your back and talk to a psychiatrist who can help you create a personality profile for him.

Best wishes,

4. cable666

cable666 Well-Known Member

I don't think you would look like a dope at all, especially since you can prove he is producing fake retroactive "proof" of a loan.

If you stayed, you would be a dope.

Just pray he is stupid or vain enough to go on national television to explain himself.

5. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be suprised if you found out that the reason he filed this was that he discovered you were selling your home. He may have thought that it would be a good way to get you to pay up quickly to be able to clear the sale on the house were he to get a judgement.

I love Judge Judy - Her books are as good as her show - I love the title of one: "Don't Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It's Raining."

6. $wealth$

Thanks to all for the encouragement.

From all the responses on this board, I feel like have a pretty good chance of having this thing dismissed.

I will pursue the SOL, Jurisdiction and falsifying documents as my defense.

Afterwards, I think I'll max out my Target card in celebration:)

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$wealth$

Afterwards, I think I'll max out my Target card in celebration:)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW CAN YOU EVER FIND $200 WORTH OF STUFF TO BUY AT TARGET IN ONE DAY???

:)

TARGET CARD HOLDERS...can you "EXERCISE" your TARGET card???
    Everybody on this board gets $200...
    Has anybody with $100,000+ HOUSEHOLD income applied and still get $200???

8. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

hi $wealth$,

my situation is somewhat similar to yours. unfortunately i took a "friend" to court. talk about depressing. he continuously gave me checks that bounced thus causing my other checks to bounce - what a mess. he was staying with me for a while and then skipped out. as a result, i had him served at work - talk about someone being humiliated. he then leaves threatening messages (email and phone). we go to court and the experience was surreal. the judge went to town on him!!! it was out of control. the thing i cannot stress hard enough is that the judge knows when someone is lying. afterall this is what they are experts in. she asked me questions and i told her everything backwards and forwards as well as eyes closed. my "friend" on the other hand had to refer to his "notes" and fake unsequental copies of "lost" checks that were supposedly in my name. whatever you do, read copies of rules that are pertinent to the court you will be in (if it does go that far). if you have to go out of town to deal with this mess, i strongly suggest you contersue on attorney costs, lost wages, transportation, etc.
    Please keep us update and i will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

ledo

9. $wealth$

Thanks Ledo for the support. I will definitely let the board know how it goes.

My only fear is that I will freeze in front of the judge and not be able to express the facts accurately.

That's why lawyers can command the big bucks I guess.

10. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Write down the facts, dates etc before you go to court. That way, if you get a little nervous, you'll have something to refer to :)

Then just relax and tell the truth. I agree, judges can smell b/s a mile away.

You'll do great :)

11. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Speaking of Judge Judy, it wouldn't hurt to watch a few episodes of these "reality court TV" shows so you get accustomed to the manner in which you will be expected to act, questions you will be hit with, evidence you will need to have, etc. Bring all bank statements, check books and other paperwork with you. Not that it IS "reality", but it will make you a bit more relaxed and informed by watching a few episodes before you go. Set the VCR if they are on while you are at work. Good luck!

-Dave

12. aigle

aigle Well-Known Member

She did take his money, and we don't even know how much. Is the boyfriend the bad guy?

If he had said when he handed her the checks that it was a loan, she wouldn't have taken it? I think not.

Let the judge figure it out I certainly cannot.

Sincerely,

Devil's Advocate

13. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

If possible, a day or so before you go to court, go and watch your Judge in action. See what works and what doesn't

14. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

have you considered this is also a way for him to see you again?

After the fact, if you do owe him, you could still pay him what you owe even if you win this case.

But his going after the prices of gifts is ludicrous and will be thrown out.

I would still counter sue for time and expenses.