Old Navy Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S.D., Nov 16, 2000.

1. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I applied for an Old Navy card thru the mail over a month ago and I still haven't heard back. No denial letter or anything. Does anyone know what's up with this card?

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Hmm. You might want to call the lending bank, which is Monogram CC Bank of Georgia.

The card should be relatively easy to get, being as though it's a store card. However, the limit probably will be under $500 if you credit is marginal to poor.

3. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I don't have any credit, juat a paid collections and a false charge off (which I 'm working to have removed)... I'm waiting for my Providian Gold, but that'll probably be another 3-4 weeks or so. They just started advertising this card , I think in early October?? so maybe they're getting a lot of applications? Who knows. I'll try giving them a call. Thanks.

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

So the only thing on your credit report is a paid collection and a "false" chargeoff?

If you have ABSOLUTELY nothing else, you may not get the card. I think they like at least one open tradeline (like a Visa/MC).

Sorry...

5. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Let me know what's up with this card when you find out something. I don't have a store card and have thinking about applying for one w/Old Navy.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Wouldn't Pennys or Sears be better (MORE THAN JUST CLOTHES).

I thought Old Navy was only clothes.

7. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Yeah, but Old Navy clothes are cute and cheap! :)

8. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Yup! I that's exactly why I want one. Either that or the GAP card. I didn't think I would get approved for the Old Navy card, but applied anyway. I was just wondering what was up because I usually get denial letters right away. Who knows.

9. Carrot

Carrot Guest

The card is issued by Monogram bank. Have you called them to check on your application?

My credit's already screwed..shoot what's one more inquiry? I think i will apply too.

10. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I haven't called them yet. Have to find the number. You can apply on their website now.=) I picked up an application at their store and sent it in a while later... I was debating on if I wanted another inquiry or not. I have so many inquiries that I don't think it made a difference. Anyway, good luck! Hope you get approved=)

11. S.D.

S.D. Guest

The number to Monogram Bank in Atlanta, GA is 770-353-2300.

12. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Got an answering machine!!

I called that # and it gave many options (different stores)and Old Navy wasn't listed, so I had to stay on the linefor an operator. I got an answering machine!! I didn't leave my info, because I was caught off card! I was expecting a live person. It said " Please leave your name , blah blah and the name of the store or something and we'll call you right back". Unbelievable. I'll call them back in a minute and leave a message. LOL I felt so dumb!