OMG! Approved for Citi Plat Sel.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Nov 2, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I figured I was on a roll so I applied for Amex and Citi Plat Select. Amex said their online system couldn't be reached and said they'd process my application later. Citi (who turned me down in May and with whom I've had a charge-off in the past) approved me for $3,500 with a prime +5.99% (currently 12.49%) APR. I was offered a balance transfer at 2.9% for nine months. I was offered an increased credit line of $5,000 if I accepted a balance transfer check, which I did. I'm going to transfer all of the balances from my Providian accounts.

Amazing!

I know it's all here somewhere, but would one of the Citi experts here post some creative things I can do with this account once I get the card?

Woo Hoo!

2. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

You are on a roll. Great job. What a wonderful Friday for you. Congrats

mindy

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Way 2 Go Dave! LTNS how've you been?

Sam, Saar, Mindy, Leo etc.. have turned many folks on to the "trick" with Citi...I have taken their advice and found it to work. Now I have 15,000 in Plat Select and will go back and get more in a few months.

What you do...apply again for a second card immediately. When it arrives call Citi and have them combine the 2 cards into a plat select card...wait 6 months and apply for "another 2nd card" and combine those 2... as the shampoo bottle says...wash, rinse, repeat.

I searched you a couple older CreditNet links but you can find many more discussions on the process by searching...good luck.

Click here

or here

or click here

or even click here

Peace, Dave