OMG....I don't believe

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Laura, Jan 28, 2001.

1. Laura

Laura Guest

About 2 weeks ago, I applied online for Wells Fargo, Juniper, Aria, NextCard and Chase. I got immediate approval for $5000 on NextCard with $3000 in transfers. I got approved for Aria $500 with a $49 fee and clicked the No Thanks button. The others gave me the 10-14 BS message. I figured that meant DENIED. Well today I finally checked my mail after about 4 days and had Wells Fargo for $9K, Chase for $7K and denial from Juniper. I can live with the Chase and Wells Fargo limits without a doubt. I will not be applying for anything else for quite sometime.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Did you apply for the 0% for 5 months JUNIPER?

I was denied too.

Maybe they ASSUME we would DUMP them after 5 months of 0.0%...

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I would love to know their approval percentage.

5%???

4. Laura

Laura Guest

I don't know George, I applied online. I got a denial letter and it said I had too many delinquencies. Whatever!! But Wells Fargo gave me 0% for 6 months, then 5.9%, so that card ROCKS in my book.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

congratulations Laura.

You obviously have reached the top of the mountain of credit success. With those limits and rates, you are truly a the credit diva of this month. I would cool it on the inquiries though.( I am one to talk right). But you really should lay low. You are lucky to get the approvals in one shot. Once again congrats.

roni

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HOW DID YOU GET 0% FOR 6 MONTHS THEN 5.9%?

All I see is 5.9% (WELLSFARGO) then 18.9% or 16.9% or 13.5%...

7. Rob

Rob Guest

Laura, do you know what your c

Laura,
    do you know what your credit score is? or appox?

Rob

8. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Cograts.

Remeber to register them, so that you dont run into that situation again!!

Reshod

9. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

I went to Wells Fargo too and only saw the 5.9 for 6 months, then 13.5 for the lowest rate after that. The terms say that they will NEVER go below 11.7 no matter what the Prime Rate drops down to.

Did you go to a special offer site other than Wells fargo main page? Get something in the mail? You did say you applied on line? Are you sure about the rates you got? Just wondering. I would love to have 5.9%.
    My FICO score is 695.

Judy

10. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Congratulations

Regardless of the rates, the approvals and limits alone are spectacular. I'm guessing that those were some nasty balances you transferred to NextCard. Good riddance!

What your success tells you is that if you are dissatisfied with your present terms for any reason, you can apply again in a year or so and do even better. :)

11. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Laura. Welcome to the credit strong. Deal from strength, exercise your credit.

http://www.creditsense.com

12. Laura

Laura Guest

Rob, I have no clue (more)

WorthKnowing (HAHA) rates me a 5, yeppers a big FIVE

13. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

RE: Rob, I have no clue (more)

Congratulations, Laura!!!!!! It's an amazing power...use it wisely. ha ha

14. zip

zip Well-Known Member

congrats laura!! If you dont mind me asking, what does your credit look like. You said you had delenquencies, are they charge offs? Im interested in the Wells Fargo but have 3 paid charge offs on my trans union which seems to be the one they check. Your input would help!

15. Saar

Saar Banned

Laura wrote:
    "had Wells Fargo for $9K, Chase for $7K and denial from Juniper."

There's no way to explain it, unless Juniper pulled a different report.

Saar

16. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Chase and West Fargo usually use TU,Juniper uses Equifax.

17. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

You need to get your free report from all three Cras and see what's going on with your file

Laura wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I don't know George, I applied online. I got a denial letter and it said I had too many delinquencies. Whatever!! But Wells Fargo gave me 0% for 6 months, then 5.9%, so that card ROCKS in my book.