OMG It's Gulf States - HELP!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Irish Diva, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Irish Diva

Irish Diva Guest

Happy Friday, everyone! I had posted a few days ago about OSI/fingerhut. As it turns out, it's my turn to be haunted by Gulf States. At least, that's who purchased the alleged debt but it's being serviced by OSI in AZ? I'm so confused! I b/c a membr here regarding the situation, but I also wanted to throw this out to the rest of my credit experts (you guys are great!). Sending validation letter this weekend certified return receipt. What should my next step be? What can I expect? This is not on my bureaus nor any inquiries. You can b/c me at irish_diva@hotmail.com. Thanks everyone for your help. Just a couple of months and I'll have beautiful reports thanks to everyone's help here on the board.

Kate

2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Re: OMG It's Gulf States - HEL

I have the same problem as you Kate.. OSI and Gulf States are also on my report. I thnk these are going to be a pain to deal with.. I am sending out my first round out today as well.

3. Irish Diva

Irish Diva Guest

Glad to see I'm not alone <g> Luckily there has not been anything on my reports and I've checked them as recently as March (thanks to disputes I seem to get new copies each month). Just a nice, unsubstantiated <sp> demand for $500+. NOT! I'll keep you posted on what happens. Will you also? Onward credit soldiers . . . .

Definately time for lunch!

4. BluVegas

BluVegas Guest

I have two references of Gulf States on my report of the same account. I joined Junum and I'm going to let them deal with it. OSI was the one that I sent $3600 to over 18 months to settle a Cap One judgement for $3852, for which I had already sent $400 in payments. Those bastards said I didn't owe anymore and I had to check with Cap One and found out I still owed $196 to clear account.

Watch your back. Both of them are crooks.....

BewareOfCollectionsNVegas

5. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I believe NCO is also tied in with these crooks as well.. you should search for old messages relating to NCO, Gulf States, OSI. MBA9999 guy won some lawsuit over them.. unfortunately for me, I have NCO, Gulf States, Cavalry, OSI, and CREDITRUST all on my reports.. all listed under creditors as opposed to collection making my report more difficult to clean..

6. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I believe NCO is also tied in with these crooks as well.. you should search for old messages relating to NCO, Gulf States, OSI. MBA9999 guy won some lawsuit over them.. unfortunately for me, I have NCO, Gulf States, Cavalry, OSI, and CREDITRUST all on my reports.. all listed under creditors as opposed to collection making my report more difficult to clean..

7. Irish Diva

Irish Diva Guest

At one point I had NCO on there as well but I challenged it as not mine and it actually came off. That was when I first started cleaning up my reports using the legal means available to me, over a year ago. Yuck - what a fun thing to have to deal with on a Friday. At least OSI's branch and I are in the same city so it shouldn't take too long for correspondence to flow back and forth; as a matter of fact I just came back from the PO and sending the vaidation letter, RR of course!

Kate - girding herself for battle! They don't know what they've gotten into - getting a redhead mad! <g>

8. Saar

Saar Banned