on-line application "need

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by just me, Sep 24, 2000.

1. just me

just me Guest

Has this ever happened to anyone? I applied for the Chase i-card, which is supposed to give a 2-minute approval. At the end of a few seconds, the response I got was my application needed "further review" and that I'd be notified within 30 days. What's up with that?

2. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

RE: on-line application "

Means you're borderline. They cannot decide
    automatically wether to grant you the credit
    or not, so some real person will look at
    the application.

Happened to me twice, when i tried for an
    AMEX some time ago (denied) and when i tried
    for Discover (approved).

3. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

This has also happened to me several times with online applications. They probably have a very strict criteria when you apply online (maybe your Fico has to be above a certain number). But both times when the online response said we will need "further review", I recieved the cards. Maybe the account is given to an account rep who looks at your info and makes a decision.
    Hope this helps!

chet

just me wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Has this ever happened to anyone? I applied for the Chase i-card, which is supposed to give a 2-minute approval. At the end of a few seconds, the response I got was my application needed "further review" and that I'd be notified within 30 days. What's up with that?

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

When i appplied for the chase card, I was told the same. I got my card last week.

5. just me

just me Guest

how long did it take to get your card?

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

About 2 weeks. I had forgot about the application. I thought the review thing meant my application was trashed. Got the card though.