On Line Brokerage Firm

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mr. Lindst, Nov 7, 2000.

1. Mr. Lindst

Mr. Lindst Guest

Could anyone give me guidelines on the best, on line brokerage firm based in the USA.

Thank´s in advance

Mr. Lindstrom

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with many of the online brokers. Magazines such as Money and Fortune frequently run articles comparing them. You may want to check out these articles before you plunge in.

I went with e-trade a few weeks ago. It does not have the lowest commissions on earth but they are reasonable all the same. You can open an account online, fund it instantly through electronic transfer from your checking/savings account, and start trading immediately. Minimum is 2K for a margin accounts. The website navigation is very intuitive. There are many online resources to research companies including excellent S&P reports. You can get real time quotes free if you are not a professional trader.

Besides individual stocks,E-trade offers many no load mutual funds and bonds.

You get a substantial rebate on the first 25 trades during the first month the account is opened.

Also, retirement accounts are available.

I don't work for e-trade.

Happy investing!

3. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Go to gomezwire.com for a good

Go to http://www.gomezwire.com to find a nice review of online brokerages. I too have etrade and have opened an account with www.mytrack.com for their level 2 service. I would not recommend trading online if you are not using level 2 information.

Mike G.

ps
    Etrade offers free level 2 and DSL service if you are a platinum or frequent trader.

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

CreditWorks' trades with E-Trade. We are very pleased with their service and their commissions can be as low as $4.95. We have gotten rebates as high as $1,000.

http://www.creditsense.com