On-line Mortgages help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Apr 11, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I've done some searching here and I see that many have had negative experiences with lending tree. I'm curious..has anyone handled their mortgage postively online?

Or is the consensus that we need to do that locally? I'm more comfortable handling transactions online but will do what is best!

Figured the experts would know! :) Thanks in advance for any and all help!

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll take this as a no...hehehheeehehehh

I went to Bayhouse and read up....I think I'm getting the idea of one-on-one service is best! :) Tada...figured it out myself..at least I think so

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey C. most suggest you go local, this way you can meet in person talk face to face and, just seems more personable that way I guess. I on the otherhand am actually using a mortgage lender online, I never go with tradition LOL.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Well, Mom, I really want to go online..I'm more comfortable with it.

Can you tell me about the process?? Are you happy with them?? Is it someone that can be shared (I know some are locally based, but a larger one)..

Don't you just love an inquisitive person?

(LOL)

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I actually met him through Bayhouse, I basically filed in the prequalify application but didn't authorize a credit check yet, I had copies of a merged report I got from another lender a few months back. I filed in the application online and he called me the next nite. We talked for over an hour or so and he was straight forward and very knowledgable, I then mailed him my merged report and just update the accounts.. I now communicate mostly through email, which I prefer I am not a phone person LOL. ALthough I am not ready yet, we will be in summer, I still keep regular contact with him. They are based in Ohio but they do mortgage in most states I believe they are just a few that they don't. I have also found very good brokers at Askme.com, it is an expert site where you can post questions pertaining to virtually anything, but there mortgage experts are wonderful and I found a few there that if things don't turn out like I planned then I would go with one of them. If you need any more info or names just let me know.

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Awww, Mom, is this the Don guy there? Is that his name..he answers a ton of questions. I like that idea..maybe I should connect with him as well. I too am an online person! :)

Thanks!

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yup Don Selmer. Yes he frequents the boards and answers all kinds of questions. You could post a question or go to his profile directly.

mom

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I will, Mom, thanks a million!!