One at a Time?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bhdunbar, Jul 15, 2001.

1. bhdunbar

bhdunbar Active Member

When disputing negatives with the CRA's is it better to do one thing at a time or to do them all at once?

For example on Experian I have:
    a collection for $46 last reported 9-2000

Dillards charge off for $300 (which I paid after they charged it off and plan to contact them myself)

First Premier bank charge off

A FirstUSA charge off that shows up twice since the account was transferred

A gulf State Credit collection

That seems like a lot to dispute at once to me. Any help is greatly needed.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I HAD TRIED TO DO LIKE 15...THEY JUST DID 3 AND QUIT!!!

(My disputes were "cosmetic"...dates wrong, balance wrong, not closed, not open, add "ACCOUNT CLOSED BY CONSUMER", address spelled wrong, wrong D.O.B., etc... )

SOME HAVE SAID NO MORE THAN 3-5...
    Unless you are doing a mortgage in the next six months...there is no hurry.

You can dispute a few every other month...

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

There probably is a "best" number to try that results in better deletion ratios but All I know is it is more than 1 and less than "all your negative items at once". Junum does 4 disputes per round for me (used to do 4 at one time now they do 2, twice in a round). They so far have had 4/4 4/4 4/4 2/4.

Lexington did 9 for DaveLV and got 4 deletions, so you certainly can do more than 4...I would think if you sent in a dispute letter with all of your disputes and that was more than say 10 you may get them to toss out your disputes as frivolous. One at a time is too slow!

Also, I think after Junum, I will try a combo of disputes with the new "online" disputing methods, and mix em between that and hard copy disputes which could result in more items being disputed per round without seeming frivolous.

-Dave

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nave, they only did nine for me because there were two tradelines with duplicates.

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

DaveLV, So they were 2 tradelines with duplicate and negative info? or they were disputing 4 things per tradeline? I am confused. Also does Lex offer you a way to find this info out? or do you call?

Junum has a new website (although flawed due to some innacurate data entry) that shows what they are disputing and when they send each dispute in. It is pretty cool, if it worked with correct info it would be very cool :)

-Dave

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I don't have my reports in front of me but I know I had three American General accounts (different loans at different times) and two Macy's accounts (one was Macy's and one was Bullocks which was purchased by Macy's).

On my Experian report I just had four items removed (I posted the letters a couple of weeks ago) from the same collection agency.

So while there were a total of nine disputes on my last round with Equifax, there were at least two sets of duplicates.