one lousy dollar

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by confused, Feb 21, 2001.

1. confused

confused Guest

Okay, the saga unfolds and goes on and on and on. I paid the damn dollar like you guys advised. They, meaning the stupid company I bounced the damn check to in the first place, slapped a twenty five dollar charge, so I said, okay, I'll pay it. I sent a check from my bank (online banking) and thought everything would be taken care of. Guess what. The check was retunred to me with an apology which read: "We regret to inform you that we cannot credit your account due to duplicate payments." Duplicate payments, I ask? How is that so when they're still showing that I owe on my cr and reporting to experian and transunion. Even when I disputed about two months ago, it came back verified and that is why I tried paying the dollar. if anyone has any advice as to what I am to do at this point, please provide it. I'm about ready to scream. It has taught me a valuable lesson. Now, I won't write checks unless its from a direct payment from my credit union.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I can't believe you are still tripping off this dollar.

roni

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Some dumb computer at a prime bank somewhere will treat his $1 collection as if it were $10,000.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Some computer will treat THAT $1 collection as if it were $10,000. I just realized that "confused" could be of either (or any) gender.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Haven't you herd the STORY about the couple who got a DEMAND LETTER for $0.00 for a bill (I.R.S. I THINK)???

They thought it was a joke and trashed it...a few weeks later they got another DEMAND LETTER (MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT) THEY SENT THEM A CHECK FOR $0.00 NO MORE DEMAND LETTERS!!!

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I know that fact. I just am like, go to the office of the collector with a handgun and bring the local news crew and make them feel that the scums they are for putting this crap on your report. Geez. You might get arrested though. lol

roni

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

U so crazy.