one more DUMB question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Christi, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

As I am looking at my credit reports, I'm trying to figure out when some of these things will fall off, only Experian tell you that. Is it 7 yrs from last date of activity or from closed date? I'm confused about this. Like TU report lists:

Update 2-2001
    opened 11-94
    closed 2-95
    >status as of 2-95: charged off<

help me determine when this will be gone. also i got a qspace report with score and the score was 536 that says VERY POOR. I know 100 is the best, so I have along ways to go right?

thanks y'all
    christi

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

in theory, it's from the date of first delinquency. but the bureaus are lazy... so they'll drop on their own probably 2/2002. They say "last day of activity". Not bad, really. Sometimes you can dispute it on time limit w/in 6 months of the drop date and they may remove it as a Courtesy. ha.

Also, you could dispute that it should drop 7 years from the first date of delinquency (and in some states it's from the first date of delinquency +/- 180 days just to confuse you), so you could try to push the removal date (eg: if it went bad in 6/1994 then it should come off 6/2001).

Honestly, we normally push "not mine or not late" first... then if they b/s verify it... then later push the statute of limitations.

Are these the famous not yours collections? If so, proceed w/not yours.. then sue if necessary. They're so close to the drop date anyway that, if you send proof they're not yours, the CRA may just delete it b/c it won't stay on that much longer anyway.