Online approvals

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eddie, Apr 29, 2001.

1. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

If the company offers on line approvals and after you apply they say they need more time to process and youll hear later, does that mean youll be declined by mail or is there still a chance for approval?

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Sometimes it could be a denial, but it could also be their system is having some problems or they need a credit manager to manually review your credit file. Denial is not always the case. Good luck!

3. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Well, depends on your case. Usually it means you're borderline. I got this message with Discover some time ago and after about a week I got the card in the mail...

4. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I've heard of lots of people that get cards after the instant approval decides it isn't instant...but I never have. In every case where it was not instant, I was turned down.

AnnMarie

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

eddie,
    Sometimes you don't get instant approval in numerous reasons because they can't verify the information that you put on the application, system were down at the time that you apply, they need human decision to approve you. I tdoesn't mean they are doing to turned you down.

Ron.

6. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I would put it at 80/20. 80% chance of decline, 20% chance of acceptance. Don't give up but don't get your hopes up either.

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Eddie,

I got the GM card after being told that they would let me know in 10-14 days. I am sure read my post(s) about being asked for utility bills etc.

I think it means you are marginal.

8. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

I have to agree that my credit is marginal so Ill just wait and see what happens. Thanks.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I get the wait 7-10 days statement alot too. I got GM and Household to my surprise after getting that message. Infact, Capital one and Chase did the same thing. I only get turned down by lenders who pull TU.

roni