Online banking?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Alex, Jun 27, 2001.

1. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Hello:

I was wondering if any of you using online banking would recommend which bank you're using and if you're happy with them. I'm using NEtbank right now and I'm not happy with them. Are there any good internet banks out there that offer good (LIVE) customer service and where I can make my deposits and withdrawals online? Your comments would be most welcomed, thanks!

Alex.

--------------
    Free Credit Repair Information!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I also ended up with netbank after the demise of Compubank.
    And I don't like them either.

I'm in the process of moving my accounts to Security First National in Atlanta.

I think they are about as close to Compubank as I have found.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

I agree. NetBank is not the solution.

For the "internet banking" void left in the post-CompuBank era, I'm currently trying E*Trade and National Interbank.

Saar

4. IamBuzzed

IamBuzzed Well-Known Member

I have wingspanbank and its working fine with me. I get 2% interest and everything. However, the now charge a monthly charge if you are under the minium. Some people have had bad exp with them, some have good, so i guess you take your chances.

5. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I'll chime in with the Netbank Stinks sentiment. I am switching to my credit union. Compubank was great with ATM Rebates, free wire transfers, and good customer service.

Mike G.

6. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I use two banks. State Farm bank (www.statefarm.com) and Lighthousebank.com.

So far no fees. Lighthouse is currently paying 2.47% on checking and 2.96 on MMA/savings without a minimum balance. State Farm bank is paying 4% on savings accounts and their money market is tiered (3.49% on balances between $100 and $999). On State Farm's MMA you need $1000 to open the account, but only need to keep at least $100 in order to avoid a $10 fee. Savings is a minimum $10 to open the account. Try checking their websites out.

I have had no problems with either of these banks (knocking on wood). Customer service has been good as well. I started saving money with these two banks while my BK was in process. One word of warning. Lighthouse will pull a credit report. The bad effects of my BK had not hit my report when they pulled so I don't know if bad credit influences their decision to open an account. You may want to call their customer service and ask. State Farm did not pull any credit.

Been happy with both.

7. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Alex,check out bankrate.com,they have some excellent information about on-line banking.

8. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I'm real happy with Security First Network Bank (www.sfnb.com). I've used customer service many times at all different hours, never had to wait, always got results. I've been with them for a couple of years.

9. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I've been happy with tdwaterhousebank.com. Free online billpay and no monthly service charge if you have any kind of brokerage account with them. If you don't trade, you can open an IRA or Roth IRA with no minimum balance (send 'em a buck or two) and this qualifies you for the free checking account.

They refund ATM fees up to $2 per transaction and they are always good about posting deposits in a timely manner.

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I've noticed that with netbank you can send them in a deposit by regular mail and it takes at least a week before it ever gets posted.

What has been your time with SFNB?

I tend to think that it's because netbank is in Alprhetta, GA which is probably right next to Lum & Abner's Jottum Down Store up in the piney woods.

Comments???

11. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Bill,
    I rarely if ever send a deposit to sfnb. I have a local account that I use to ACH money into the sfnb checking. I also have my pay direct deposited into my sfnb checking. Once I was in a jam and overnighted a deposit, If I recall correctly I had access to the funds the day after they received it.

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Alpharetta is, for all practical purposes, Atlanta, one of the biggest, most cosmopolitan cities in the US.

breeze