Online Car Loan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by My2kGT, May 22, 2001.

1. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

I'm considering purchasing a new car (no trade, under 15,000) any good ideas for someone like me with moderate credit, ( 3 30+) I was considering E-Loan but I don't have a 720+ score..

Thanks
    My2kGT

2. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Do you need a score of 720 to get an Eloan?

3. john

john Well-Known Member

I know someone who was approved at Eloan with a 580 eLoan score for around 15k.

I have a 620 eLoan score and they denied me for a refinance of 18k...go figure....but I got referred to Household Finance and they offered me 13%. My rate is already 12% so I just kept my current loan.

The rate was 17% for the approval at 580, so if you can afford big payments go with a 36 or 48 month loan max to minimize the interest paid.

4. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

Well I know I don't have a 580 but somewhere around 650 I think. I will try eloan. Any other suggestions besides household or eloan?

Thanks

My2kgt

5. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I was around a 650 when I got my Ford loan (FMC) last year. I went to a very large Ford dealer who had some pull with the underwriters because of the number of deals they do. They were offering 8.9% and I thought I would get rated up because of my credit, but I got it at 8.9%.