Online Credit Card application

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dean, Sep 30, 2000.

1. dean

dean Guest

Hi all, I am curious to know if anyone has any experience with the following issue. I have a bankruptcy which will fall off of my credit report in about another year (my 10 year prison term is almost up!) I included an Amex and Citibank card in my bk, and recently I applied for secured cards from both Amex and Citibank and was denied :(
    They said that I didn't pay on the original cards that I had with them. If I apply online after the bk disappears from my credit report, will I possibly get an instant online approval (me credit has been great since the bk), or will they still know that I owed them money in the past (as was the case when I applied using the mail). I recently contacted Amex and they said that I didn't exist in their computers.

any insight would be greatly appreciated!

dean

2. Jo

Jo Guest

RE: Online Credit Card applica

Call the AmEx Centurion Bank and ask to speak to a manager. You can call 1-800-THE-CARD and ask to be transferred. If you have a compelling reason for your BK (i.e., medical, death...anything other than "I had too much on my credit cards") you may be able to work out a deal to get a new card if you agree to repay the debt. If you're not willing to repay it, your chances are slim, but worth a shot...