Online dispute & Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I was reading throught the threads and Hal came up w/ and interesting idea. Seeing that Equifax is overwhelmed w/ requests for credit scores, now seems to be an opportune time to start an on-line dispute.

My only question is this: I'm currently working w/ Junum and they have re-disputed all negative items on my reports w/ the exception of 2 (1 student loan listed as a paid collection/chargeoff and a cell phone bill listed as a paid chargeoff). Do you think it would be wise to start an on-line investigation for these 2 items only? Or should I not do anything at all? I just want to try and take advantage while I have the opportunity. What do you guys think???? I don't want to raise any potential flags at Equifax by having 10 million disputes going.

2. mvfl

mvfl Guest

I had an ongoing investigation with Equifax a few weeks ago, for items I disputed myself by mail. During that time I noticed a couple of minor errors on other accounts so I went online and disputed them. Thus, I had 2 separate investigations going on at one time. They did not flag me or consider my online disputes as frivolous, in fact they are investigating them currently. You might give the 2 accounts a shot - just let Junum know after you do it so they don't send in another dispute for them cause that may cause a flag.

3. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

When I had the time to spend on my credit repair hobby before other life obligations began to take that time, I used to dispute the items that were the toughest around the holdiays. I would even send disputes that had previously been "verified" (although I believe they do little actual verification) mailing my dispute shortly after Thanksgiving. Creditors make massive efforts to get consumers to open account especially during the holiday shopping season, offering many applications while "in the store" as well as mass mailings etc. As the creditors pay the CRA's as subscribers their business gets priority; often I believe taking personnel from other departments to handle these inquiries.

To make a long story short two year ago: Two previously verified paid charge offs and a judgement - deleted from Equifax and Experian. I did not receive a notification of "investigation started" within 30 days, submitted a follow up letter at exactly 30 days, and received an updated credit profile from both with the items deleted. I did not try TU as these items did not appear on that report.

My new motto "Catch em when they're busy, time is then in your favor".

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

That's a great idea. Also, Holidays are when people are in that "giving spirit".

I wonder if this overwhelming (both online and holiday season) might delay things enough for the 30 day non-response tactic to occur more often as well, allowing previously validated and verified items not to be validated within the FCRA time frames.

-Dave

5. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Okay question,
    Although I signed up for Junum. I am going to do some online investigations since it is here anyway. Where is the confirmation number on my report at equifax? I can't find it anywhere?