Online Disputes Work!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Jul 2, 2001.

1. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.....

Just an update on how online disputes are working for me.....

I've disputed the following:

TU - 4 items that weren't mine - all deleted
    TU - 1 90-day that was mine - deleted

EQ - 4 collections that were mine - all deleted
    EQ - wrong addresses / aliases - all deleted /updated

EXP - wrong addresses / aliases - deleted / updated

Now, I did disputes some student loans as duplicates with EXP and they remained. However, so far, I consider my campaign a success. I still have more work to do though!

I will continue to use the online tools as they appear to be working. I started my credit repair campaign on June 6th.

Tom

2. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

While we're at it, what are the web addresses for the Experian and Equifax online dispute forms?

Randy

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

4. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

interestingly enough i went to check out the equifax site. i noticed that if you wanted to dispute only one item (for example, an inquiry), there is a notice at the bottom that says something to the effect submitting this request would mean that the items checked and not checked for disputes are factual. my concern is there are some items that are being disputed (via lexington) and don't want to shoot myself in the foot. any thoughts?

5. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hope when you view your credit report at the very bottom is a confirmation number in red lettering, however if EQ is going through a local agency for you then you can't dispute online and it will give you a number to call the local agency. So check your report and see if you have a red colored coference number, if not it should give you the name and number of local agency.

7. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the problem Momof3. CSC Credit Services in Houston is the local one and they have no way of disputing online.

How "rinky-dink" in this day and age!

8. Illini

Illini Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with EQ. I had to call CSC as well. My question is, why do they have an online dispute if there is no possible way of doing it?

Illini

9. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Apparently most people can use it. I've no idea what the criteria is for farming out the rest of us to some dinky local bureau.

10. tmitchell

Hi everyone....

Aother deletion from Experian and two more from TransUnion!

I have been firing off 2 and 3 online disputes a week to each of the bureaus. So far, I haven't been shut down or accused of being frivolous.

Almost all of my collections are now gone! This is much easier than I had thought it would be! To think I almost went with Junum. I'll save them for the "real hard" stuff.

Tom

11. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Tom,

I tried disputing via Credit Expert. As of Saturday the results were as follows:

Inquiries 5: Pending Investigation
    Accounts 4: Discover already investigated
    JC Penney Pending Investigation
    Capital One VISA Pending Investigation
    Capital One MC Pending Investigation

Since I cancelled Credit Expert I can't check it daily to find out the results of this investigation unless they e-mail me with the results as I did provided my e-mail address.

Manny

12. tmitchell

Manny.....

Just go to www.experian.com and check the status from there. If you have the credit report number you used to dispute online originally, you can just plug that in and it will tell you the status of the dispute.

Tom

13. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Thanks Tom, I'll check it out.

Manny

14. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Ledo, I don't want to stifle any disputing because I feel the more the better, but it would probably NOT be a good idea to dispute items which LEX may have already begun disputing.

I am using Junum and have not disputed any item that they are disputing (or will be disputing) for many reasons that should be clear (differing reasons of dispute, different signatures, different addresses...) I do not know Junum's exact method and I could be "shooting myself in the foot". I have however disputed inquiries and old addresses because I do not think Junum is doing those things yet on my account (however since they have no more "neg" items on Experian, they did dispute a CapOne Inquiry on Exerian!! and removed it).

I would stay out of their way and let them do what you are paying them for.

-Dave

15. heather

heather Well-Known Member

Can you dispute inquires with any of the bureaus online?

16. tmitchell

Experian lets you dispute inquiries online. I have about 8 that are set to be deleted next week. The creditors have not yet responded.

Tom

17. Saar

Saar Banned

No inquiry can be disputed online w/ Equifax. If you know otherwise, I'd be happy to learn.

Saar