Online disputing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 28, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I chose to do an online dispute for round one with Equifax. I disputed on the first and on the 7th (?) or so.
    When I checked on the disputes, it only shows ONE case number and that one has a start date of 3/24/01! projected date of completion is 03/27/01.
    This is weird! I'm going to call tomorrow but why would it have such off dates?
    Also, I haven't gotten any response at all from the other two agencies yet, should I have?
    thanks....

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Maybe they just deleted what you were disputing and your updated report is on its way.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Annmarie, what confirmation number did you enter, to check on your current dispute you enter the confirmation number that was given to you after you disputed, after you enter the number, if your dispute is complete you will see a list of your accounts and you can check to see if any options have changed.

Mom

4. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I see the same screen as I did when I first filed the disputes--it just shows a box with a file number, date started and completion date.
    I take it they're not done yet--but what would make it be only a three day investigation, several weeks after I actually filed it?

5. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

I did an online dispute on 2/27 and all month it showed on equifax dispute screen as being started on 2/27 and scheduled to end 0n 3/29. When I checked it tonite however it was just like yours. It now shows the dispute as starting on 3/27 and ending on 3/30. This is all under the same confirmation #. I dont get it at all. I have emailed them about it but recieved no response yet.

6. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

The more i think about this the more I believe that this is just some way to keep from having to delete accounts that were not verified. Am I geting paranoid?

7. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Momof3 Question?

If I understood your post above correctly, if the correct confirmation number is entered and you click through, if the investigation is complete, you receive a list of accounts showing AFTER the investigation is complete. Is this correct?

My investigation was started 2/28, with a projected completion of 3/30. The dates indicated this on the initial screen until today, now they show begun 3/28 completion 3/30.

When I click through, One Public Record - Judgement, that I disputed is now deleted, one collection account deleted, one unfortunately updated to a new collection agency.

If this indicates the results 2 out of three ain't bad. Junum can handle the other CRA's and the rest.

I only have to be irritated that they do not update your online report, it never changes from the original date you pay for it. I know they have to mail a new one, but it would be nice to see any changes online.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Momof3 Question?

Yes Hal if you enter the confirmation number that was given to you after you originaaly disputed, you enter that number and it taked you to a list with your current accounts and options have changed from my experience it has been complete, HOWEVER it you enter your ORIGINAL comfirmation number from your current report, you will still see a list of your accounts, BUT the ones that you disputed will not be there since they are already being investigated. I did the the first time( entered original number) and saw that account was gone, I was soo happy then I realized what I did and entered the correct information and sadly it still appeared. But if you enter the "new" confirmation and it has been completed you will see the screen that list your number date it started and estimated time it will end.

I hope I explained that clearly:)

Mom

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Momof3 Question?

enter the "new" confirmation and it has been completed you will see the screen that list your number date it started and estimated time it will end.

Correction it should read it has NOT been completed.