online experian disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by monk, Jul 15, 2001.

1. monk

monk Active Member

In disputing online with Experian, some of the items show up with a status of ' This item was verified and updated on 6-2000', which is the last time I disputed those items.

When an item shows up with such a status, do you just dispute it the same as any other dispute? So, since this is online and I have to pick a choice, would I just pick 'no knowledge of account' even though the status is listed as 'verified and updated'?

tia,

-monk

2. monk

monk Active Member

ok, I decided to redispute the items and, in fact, I simultaneously disputed all negatives (except inquireys, which I plan to do next) and all inaccurate addresses and names.

I'll post the results when they come in.

-monk

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

that should prove interesting

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I ACTUALLY WAS PERMITTED TO DO DISPUTE ON-LINE WITH EXPERIAN (EQUIFAX won't let me)...didn't want to get carried away, so I disputed spelling of name, and address.
    I'll see what happens.

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I just got back the results of my last Equifax round of disputes.

House Repo gone.
    Car repo gone.
    2 collection agencies gone.

6. monk

monk Active Member

I just got my dispute results back. Keep in mind this was an online dispute with experian and I disputed every negative, except the one which is nearly past the 7 year statute, and with the exception of inquires, of which I disputed only one to begin with.

Results:

All twelve collections were Deleted
    recent 30 days late from Providian (after account was closed) - Verified
    all disputed names and addresses - Deleted

-monk

7. monk

monk Active Member

oh yeah, and the inquiry was also Deleted

-monk

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey Monk, that is great, congrats. I assume you disputed as "not mine"? Also, just curious as to how old these accounts were.

9. monk

monk Active Member

Thanks LKH, and yes I disputed as not mine. The dates were fairly evenly distributed from July 0f '95 to July of 2000, with 3 of them being from 2000. The majority of them were from a single CA.

-monk