online investigations

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Mar 5, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried using online investigations to get stuff off Equifax?

Thanks
    Kevin

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Yes. I was only succesful in having one out of 3 things removed. One of the 3 items was a collection and they updated that to show as paid. No luck in having the charge off removed.

3. geekpipe

what basis/reason did you dispute on...?

4. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I said the collection was already paid, "not mine" for an account that was reported as "lost/stolen", and "not mine" for the charge off.

5. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Geekpipe, I am going to try and dispute the previous address on my report as " not mine" and see if I have any luck. I might do it online, I haven't really decided or have had the time yet. I'll post my results once I get started...

6. geekpipe

Will saying "not mine" in many situations get you in trouble. Will they come after you with evidence or something...? Is it safe? Is there something better to use?

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

It's safe. Remember to delete all previous addresses !! its very important :)

Matter of fact i somehow deleted my current address with equifax online. I guess it will come back sooner or later. hehe.

8. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Last year I disputed several items online. It worked well because they get it immediately. Out of about 8 items I disputed, 6 were deleted. The only drawback to disputing online is that you can't explain your case and you only have the few dispute options to choose from.

9. geekpipe

were the choices exactly the reason or was it pick the closest to it?

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

always "NOT MINE" when you want a removal.

11. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Did Equifax provide reasons (documentation, signature, etc...) for the items that were not deleted? When they say the item was "verified", what is their supporting evidence?
    Thanks

12. S.D.

S.D. Guest

They don't have any supporting evidence. All they give you is the creditor's address and phone # from where they supposedly got the verification. Sucks, doesn't it?

13. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

That sucks. So, do they really investigate or do they just provide creditor's address and phone #?

14. S.D.

S.D. Guest

They're suppose to really investigate, but sometimes they don't. They provide the creditor's information so you can contact them yourself if there are any discrepancies on your CR. The CRAs will never do the detailed investigations. I think all they do is ask the creditor if the debt is a valid one and verify your address.