Online service advice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I tried worthknowing to get my reports online because it was free - could not get verified - but would like one that is more accurate and pulls more than just TU anyway. I would rather pay for better quality especially if I could get all 3 reports (Eq,Ex,TU) in 1 place with accurate results and a good "representative" scoring system.

I have read earlier posts here, that there are a couple of services that do pull all 3... does anyone have advice on the best one? or preferences between the better online services?

Thanks -Dave

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Ordering each report individually is cheaper than ordering a 3-1 merged report.

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

you mean individually directly from each CRA? or from private services? Also if cheaper is not a requirement, any one better than the others?

4. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Your best bet for ACCURACY and ease of understanding is to order them directly from each CRA.

You can get them instantly (online) or via US Mail by visiting www.experian.com and www.equifax.com and paying the nominal $8.50 each (unless you've had an inquiry against THAT report in the last 60 days, then you get it for free - READ as you fill out the online form.). You can also call them or USPS mail them to order it.

For Trans Union, you can ORDER it by telephone, mail or the internet (www.transunion.com), but they'll only deliver it via USPS (no instant, online access).

I find the ones directly from the horse's mouth (or should that be the horse's ass?) to be the most reliable and accurate.

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Thanks J that sounds like good advice especially about "directly from the horses ____".

I live in MD - I get 1 free a year - so I ordered all 3 on Monday to be delivered USMail. I was just anxious and thought these online services with credit scoring mechanisms if nothing else will give me a means to tell my credit repair success if any. Do you get a "score" if you order them online directly from the CRA's? I would not think so since I have read they only score when they run hard inquiries. Anyway thanks for the advice. -dave

6. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Yeah, Worthknowing wouldnt verify me either, apparently I have been paying the wrong payment on my car for the laast 3 years..they kept telling me the amount I entered was incorrect!

7. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

they wouldn't verify me either. odd. now I'll probably get solicited w/out getting anything for it.

8. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

They didn't verify me either.. but now that I just checked my TU report.. I find that there are 5 inquiries from them!! WTF is up with that?? I will work on getting those removed once I have polished the other stuff up first..