Opening a Centurion Bank when

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by niecy25, Nov 22, 2000.

1. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

Well after numerous calls I finally got them to pinpoint down that they had mailed me a letter on the 20th and only after I asked to speak to a supervisor did they finally tell me that it was a denial letter.

So I guess those of us (or most of us) that are on chex systems will be unable to get an account through them.

I am going to call and ask will having this account with their bank be the only way to apply for their new secured card. Hopefully not because that would really suck. Oh well I better go before I say something that I should not!!!!!!!

2. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: Opening a Centurion Bank w

Neicy,

Having an account with Centurion will not be the only way to apply for a secured card in the future with AMEX. This is not what was told me and I hope I didn't give anyone that impression.

The AMEX person I spoke to when I was trying to get my late secured Optima application considered only suggested that I open a checking with Centurion! He thought by having a checking account certain information would be already verified and there wouldn't a wait for a check to clear. In other words, having a checking accout with the same bank that issues a credit card could speed up the application process.

In addition, having the account before the credit card is offered gives a chance to save a deposit.

So in no way not having the checking prevents one from applying!

3. river

river Well-Known Member

This is a good sign for you and me, killer.Don't want this to sound like I'm embellishing on niecy25 misfortune b/c I'm not. Just making an honest statement to killer for encourgement. If it is taken wrong niecy25,I give you a apology.

4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

COMPUBANK.COM WILL OPEN A CHECKING FOR YOU

niecy25 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Well after numerous calls I finally got them to pinpoint down that they had mailed me a letter on the 20th and only after I asked to speak to a supervisor did they finally tell me that it was a denial letter.

So I guess those of us (or most of us) that are on chex systems will be unable to get an account through them.

I am going to call and ask will having this account with their bank be the only way to apply for their new secured card. Hopefully not because that would really suck. Oh well I better go before I say something that I should not!!!!!!!

5. Killer

Killer Guest

Sure is River!

Neicy I wouldnt sweat it...as Eboni has pointed out AMEX checking isnt the best. NetBank and others offer better terms in some areas. And as I said, you will need not the AMEX checking to apply for whatever secured card AMEX comes up with next year.

6. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Netbank.com just opened a checking for me. I'm on Chexsystems from 99, just paid it this Aug. Tried to get back in with Wash Mutual, but they said I couldn't apply until a year from when I paid the NSF off (8/01). Netbank took about a week to approve me, but I finally got it!! So yeah, check them out. I'm sure you'll get approved.