Opinions needed

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by metallicat, Jul 9, 2001.

1. metallicat

metallicat Well-Known Member

what to include with dispute letter

Ok, i'm about to fire a letter off to equifax and was
    wondering what I should include with the dispute letter? On the letter itself I have a name/address/SSN along with the letter body (below), and I will also enclose a copy of my report with the accounts I am disputing highlighted. Is this sufficient? Also, can I dispute directly with equifax in TX even though my area is served by their affiliate CBC in greensboro NC?

To Whom It May Concern:
    I have recently acquired my credit report. After reviewing its contents, I have found some inaccurate information that the enclosed insert and credit report detail. Please investigate the accounts listed.

Also, as per the FCRA please forward the written notification of the appropriate corrections, and an updated credit report forwarded to anyone who has reviewed my report within the last six months and myself.

Any opinions/responses would be very much appreciated.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: what to include with dispute letter

Also, can I dispute directly with
    equifax in TX even though my area is served by their affiliate CBC in greensboro NC?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They will send it to NC...making the time longer to resolve the problem...

3. metallicat

Can you expand on that? So I should send it directly to NC or what? Thanks

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SEND IT TO NC...

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF IT IS SENT TO TX...THEY WILL SEND IT TO NC FOR YOU...

TX CAN'T WORK ON IT FOR YOU...

6. metallicat

Thanks george. Can you give me an opinion of the sample letter I wrote? Anything else I should include? Thanks..

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I am in VA, I send EFX disputes to Atlanta main office, even though there is an affiliate here.

breeze

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Make a copy of the report...

Use highlighter marker to show which accounts need fixing...be exact in what is wrong!!!
    Never late---credit limit is $7,500 (not $4,029)---open, not closed---etc---

Might be a good idea to use a BLACK marker on the accounts that are fine...

9. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Breeze,

How is the main office in Atlanta concerning disputes and the such? I truly love the branch in Fredericksburg. I think the longest they have ever taken in verifying anything is three weeks and either they correct it or delete it. They have their act together.

Dani