Optima® Platinum Card-Amex

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dit, Jan 24, 2001.

1. Dit

Dit Guest

Hi,

I was wondering if Optima® Platinum Card is the secured card or unsecured card. Do they report the credit limit to all 3 cra's??

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Unsecured and Yes they report to all 3 CRA's.

3. Dit

Dit Guest

Thank you so much. I also have Amex Gold but they never report credit limit, they only report high balance.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

From what I hear AMEX doesn't report any limits for any of their cards.

Mom

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Not only do they NOT report limits, Opt Plat doesn't even report your high balance. Jason confirmed this. My reports show zero c/l.

Their Blue card, however, does report high balance. The Blue is in my opinion better than Opt Plat (I have both).

The tradeline per se is reported to all 3 bureaus, no matter what Amex product you have (I'm not referring to corporate/ secured cards).

Saar

6. Dit

Dit Guest

Hi,

Do you mind telling me how much for credit limit they give you for Optima® Platinum Card?? I would like to apply one because I don't want to pay for annual fee $75.00.

Also, I saw American Express® Platinum Cash Rebate Credit Card, is it easy to get? I don't have any delinquency on my report but I have short credit history (3 years)

Thanks

7. Saar

Saar Banned

Hey buddy, you need to check you sources. NO ANNUAL FEE whatsoever for either Opt Plat, Plat w/ cash rebate, or Blue. Where did you come up with the $75 figure? Only Amex CHARGE CARD products require an annual fee.

The minimum credit limit for Opt Plat is $2K (though one reported $1K - I believe that is an outdated figure). The limit they assign, if any, would depend on your credit and income.

Saar

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

HEY Ya'll

My AMEX Green shows as charge R1 - and does show the highest amount I have charged.
    cya Dogman