Optima Product Transfer Questi

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Geo, Mar 3, 2001.

1. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I have an Amex Optima card (Unsecured) since June 2000 /$1000 limit (any
    increase by now). My question is:

Could I upgrade this card to a better product for example Optima Platinum, Blue, etc.?

Btw. I sent an e-mail to Amex asking that and was advised that I have to reaply for
    the other product. What do you think guys ?

2. ble103

ble103 Guest

Re: Optima Product Transfer Qu

No you can't upgrade any AMEX cards of any kind.You will need to apply for their other cards.If you get approved for a higher status card you can have your choice of keeping your old account,or closing your old account.

3. other me

other me Guest

Not true. I had a product transfer from the Blue 12.99 to the Blue 9.99. Yes this was a product transfer. They are sending me a new card and everything.

Call and speak to customer service. A knowledgeable CSR should know how to do it.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Yes you can upgrade. I'm positive. The reps frequently tell you you can't because they don't want to better your terms without a credit check. Here's how:

1. If you want the Optima Platinum (the best one goes w/ 9.9% APR) just call CS, say you want a "product transfer" and don't take no for an answer. If you still get it, ask for a supervisor. If you still get a "no", call again, this time ask to speak w/ an Amex Consumer Retention agent. They'll approve, but you might want to apply for a credit increase before doing anything else. You may already be pre-approved for it.

2. If you want the Amex Blue, call CS, also try a pre-approved credit increase. Then apply for the Blue (they'll pull an inquiry). If you're approved, fine. If not, call Amex New Accounts, ask to speak w/ a M.O.R.E. agent, and tell the agent you want to close the Optima and move the existing credit line to the Blue. They'll reverse the denial on the spot and approve you.

Remember, Amex won't issue a Blue w/ less than a $2,000 credit line. If you're denied for a Blue, you'll need at least a $2,000 limit on your Optima to transfer to the Blue for the denial to be overridden.

Good luck! And be sure to tell us how it went.

Saar

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Thank You very much!. Saar...What does "M.O.R.E. Agent" means?

6. Saar

Saar Banned

If I told you I'd have to kill you.

But I can give you the direct number to M.O.R.E., which is a subdivision of Amex New Accounts Dept.

1-800-947-8192

Saar

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Thanks Saar. I appreciate so much your advise!.

8. ble103

ble103 Guest

Go try to trade your blue for their platinum,can't do it.Sure you can lower your interest with a card of the same kind,all they do is change your account number to reflect their new terms that's all.I had a gold card,and i wanted to trade it for a blue they said can't do that.I had to fill out a new application for the blue card by it's self.

9. other me

other me Guest

Maybe that's because the gold card is a charge card, and the Blue is a revolving credit card? They are not similar enough to be able to convert between the two.

10. Saar

Saar Banned

"Other me" is absolutely right.

Credit card A can be transfered to credit card B. Charge card A can be transfered to charge card B. But no charge card can be transfered to a credit card, because the latter has a preset spending limit, and the former doesn't.

Saar

11. testes

testes Guest

testing