Optima Secured Card Finally!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Eboni, Dec 5, 2000.

1. Eboni

Eboni Guest

Today I finally approved for my Optima Secured card. The card will be mailed out today.

Amex received my app Oct 17 and cashed my check Oct 19 and I have been waiting since then for the card!!!

They had to verify my address which has not been a very easy process. Anyway my card will be here in time for my holiday travel and that's all I care about

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: Optima Secured Card Finall

That's a long wait....DANG! Glad to hear that you will be receiving your card. Looks like you just barely made it.

3. Eboni

Eboni Guest

I had to send them some info they sent it back to my house because it didn't have the application number on it.

Mind you all of this was to verify my address. Amex has sent me 5 pieces of mail during this time, including my welcome pakage:)

I have been very amused, atleast my money is earning it's 3%.

4. Cadillac408

Oh, did you deposit $10k or something? Cause 3% on $200 aint s*&%! Especially after you pay the $25 annual fee. :-( Oh well.....the price we have to pay for prestige!

5. Eboni

Eboni Guest

$1500

6. Cadillac408

:-D

I wish I would of sent them more than $200! :-(

I know I can deposit more money but now I'm exploring the option of another secured card.....probably from Chase.

7. Eboni

Eboni Guest

I like the thought of having a card with a large available balance that is not readily acceptable. This will be my emergency and travel card.