OPTIMA SECURED--- i dont belie

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Nov 1, 2000.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I recieved info on this board that there was a button on the amex account site that says apply for credit line increase, I cliked on it and it would not accept the whole dollar amount i entered, so I thought there site was screwed up.. This moring, I clicked on the same button and low and behold, The next screen said that I was pre approved for a 500.00 increase bringing my limit to 800.00. I accepted and it took effect right away.. The reason why I am so happy is because when I asked for an increase they told me to apply for another card and turned me down so I thought I was stuck with a small card for ever. I do now believe that they will reward people who pay on time.. Even with the secured card... I will still pay on time everytime and not go over my limit.. I also had this card since may of 99 so it isnt too bad.. I hope everyone finds this interesting as I did.. and I dont think I would have gotten this increase if someone who I dont remember from this boared talked about the APPLY FOR INCREASE BUTTON.. Thanks everyone... Mike

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: OPTIMA SECURED--- i dont b

Congrats Mike:)

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Sounds like AMEX decided to beef up their secured Optima. Congrats.
    Dogman

4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

thank u.. yes, I was completely shocked now that my optima is partially unsecured..LOL
    I feel like a BIG man.. haha,, kidding...

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Gone on....

Big Daddy, wit' yo' bad self.

6. mil

mil Guest

hate to tell u mike/I hope I'm wrong but this happend with me month ago u can go back and check my post when I hit the button screen came back up with 500 preapproved which i accept with month later when i check my bill online still showing old limit so i called the rep and he told me sorry that is the system error they dont have any way to prevent that coz all optima blue card holder have a backup limit 500 and thats why u were pre-approved.....so call them and check the limit

7. newcomer 2

newcomer 2 Guest

same thing happenned to me!! i was seriously pissed off ..! I can't remember who excatly got the increase but he had to fight for it . I saved the acceptance page for that perpose.. good luck

8. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I hope this isnt true... I did not speak to a rep, but my new increase is reflected on the wesite and the automated system over the phone and says I have a credit limit of 800.00.. did u have this also? write back..
    Thanks.. Mike