In July 2011, after several months of my paying them for the previous lawsuit, I was contacted by this firm again for another account with this company. I don't have any recollection of this account and again have good reason to believe the same person opened it using my personal information. Having gone through this experience before, I got a little more educated and asked them to validate the debt within 30 days of receipt of my letter. I specifically asked for proof that they were authorized to collect on this debt as well as specific details related to how the debt was calculated and proof that it belonged to me. I received a letter days later saying they were in receipt of my letter and would provide me with the information I requested. I did not hear anything from them until mid-February--several months after my validation letter was received by them. I was under the impression that not responding within 30 days was in violation of the FDCPA. So, I mailed a letter to them stating that belief as well as noting that they had not satisfied validation because they only provided me with a partial printout of charges, which did not show the complete account history. The bill they provided was for 2005-2006. I am not certain this is within the statute of limitations, and the contract they provided was not signed by me. The account printout does not match the amount they say I owe. They have also not demonstrated that they are authorized to collect this debt. They sent me a letter in response stating that they had satisfied validation requirements and that there was no time limit on when they could respond to my validation letter. I've done more research on this, and it appears they probably have not violated FDCPA. But surely, 7 months is not a reasonable amount of time for validating a debt. I have no way of knowing how they've calculated the debt or if they're even legally authorized to collect. Without any contract to review, I cannot confirm or deny that this is my debt. What sort of action can I take in this situation? Would I need to just wait for them to sue me to get these answers? I have heard that estoppel by silence is one way of dealing with this--if you send them letters when they don't respond. I didn't, but could I use this somehow? Thanks!