Orchard Bank $49 Processing Fe

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tara, Jun 24, 2000.

1. Tara

Tara Guest

If you are not approved for their Mastercard, do they keep the $49 fee anyway? I am looking to rebuild my credit. I am still paying off some old debts, but I need some positive trade lines as well. I was wondering how easy it is to get a Orchard card. I definately have less than perfect credit, but have been working to pay things off.

2. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: Orchard Bank $49 Processin

Their approval process is very easy. They have superior customer service, so you shouldn't have any problems getting a refund.

If you receive a card with a smaller limit than you'd like, just apply for another one. They allow you to have multiple accounts.

3. Stormie

Stormie Guest

If you are denied credit by Orchard Bank they will refund your processing fee to you. They are a very reptuble bank, and I would recommend them. They are now owned by Household Bank who is a large creditcard issuer.

4. Rich Woods

Rich Woods Guest

Tara wrote: ------------------------------- If you are not approved for their Mastercard, do they keep the $49 fee anyway? I am looking to rebuild my credit. I am still paying off some old debts, but I need some positive trade lines as well. I was wondering how easy it is to get a Orchard card. I definately have less than perfect credit, but have been working to pay things off.

5. Rich Woods

Rich Woods Guest

Disregard previosu message - error.

For those with these pre-approved garbage
    building CC companies I say forget them and go with First Consumers National Bank.

FCNB - they have a web page.

No rips offs - they give you 100-300% of your
    secured funds for a credit line.

They post payments to your account immediately,
    they have a 10 day grace period from the due
    date BEFORE you are late.

I've been with them for 3 years or better and
    they are a 1st rate bank.

I've had a Cross County card - finally had em waive all
    fees and report me as a closed account with no deliquency -
    although it took em 2 years to do it!

Hope this info helps.

6. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Orchard Bank is a reputable CC issuer. I have been with them since 1994 and never had a problem. Payments are posted immediately. Orchard accepts payments on line which are debited from your checking account. This is a free service and the credit appears after only 2-3 days. Unlike some issuers who assess a late fee if the payment is not received by the due date on the statement, Orchard allows several days after that for the payment to post.

I do not work for Orchard.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

message for dave

dave, how frequently have you rec'd credit line increases? how much how often and after how many months was the first one given.

8. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: message for dave

i have a visa and mc with Orchard. credit line increases have been given anywhere from 4 to 7 months apart. the amounts of the increases have varied from $100 to $500.

i don't know what determines the amount of the increases. i'v always paid on time and made payments much larger than the minimum and i usually carry a balance.

a couple of other things to note: once you are established with them, it's easy to get the apr lowered and a waiver of the annual fee.

if you treat them right, you'll benefit.

9. dave

dave Well-Known Member

woops! forgot your other question. i had an account with American Pacific Bank which was purchased by Orchard. when purchased, my credit line was increased 1,000 right away. the six month reviews (more or less) came right after that. i already had a track record with APB at the time so i can't say how long you have to be with Orchard before the first increase on a new account.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

thanks dave by the way how much of a limit have you gotten with them. i only have $1000. have 5 months of pay history so far. they won't say when increase will hit only that it will be within the first year. just got approved with first consumers national bank. they offer 150% of deposit amount. waiting on sig card and deposit info and will send off. they are very good bank and good chances for increases. was thinking about getting another orchard bank card.

11. dave

dave Well-Known Member

visa is 4,250
    mc is 1,450

12. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

When my daughter called them and asked for an increase, they were very friendly to her, and they took care of it right away. It was probably a little premature for them to have offered her an increase.

Most banks will take your request and call you back. She took care of it in one phone call. They gave her a $650 increase on one card and $500 on the other.

If you feel you're ready for an increase, just ask. It can't hurt. :)