Orchard bank> please read

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Creditgeek, May 9, 2001.

1. Creditgeek

Creditgeek Well-Known Member

I recived pre-approval for this card last month I send out my applicationm with $19 , I recived my card today with only $300 limit

question is did they Increase limit like providian ?
    should I call to retention to see if I can get some increase here ?

please let me know

2. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

How'd you get the card I got turned down by them.

3. camille

camille Member

The same thing happened to me . I called and they increased to $500 it's not much but its a start. The number for retention is 1-800-597-1122.

camille

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Orchard Retention 1 800 597 1122
    Call and ask for a limit increase. They gave me a $200.00 increase a week after I got the card.

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Not by a long shot. They are a Household Bank (HHB) issuer, and a HHB rep said here that their general increase guidelines are $100 every 6 months. It doesn't mean there's no way of getting more, but this doesn't even come close to Providian standards. It has Providian-like fees, but not Providian-like bonuses.

Actually we've had very few posts concerning their Retention policies. It doesn't hurt to try.

Saar

6. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with Saar they do not give high increases. Although, I have never had Providian so I can't speak for them. I had Orchard for a year and didn't get any increases. Try retention.

7. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Started with 300. Got a 50 increase on 1 year anniversary (never over or late). 6 months later got 250. So up to 600 in 18 months (without asking).

Called last week. They'd give me 200 for a fee of 50 paid upfront. Right.

So, everyone's experience is different. It may depend on who you get on the phone maybe.

8. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Sad, paying a fee for having your interest rate increased. I give Orchard a year, and if I do not get at least $1000.00 CL, no annual fee, and a lower APR, I will close the account. I just got a Citi Clik AAdvantage in mail today with $1000 CL, 17.9 APR and NO annual fee. It's a start.....

9. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

I've had one for a year and I'm up to $900. The second one is up to $500(after 6 mos). You can also call and get increases after a period of time. $200 for $30 if you want to go that route. All of my increases except for one were automatic increases. If you charge it up and pay it down, they give you more.

10. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

I just tried last week. I was denied because my account was less than 6 months old. Also, I didn't catch this at the time but when I asked the rep said "so you want to buy a line increase?". I thought that was wierd wording but now I know what she meant.
    By the way, I love this board. I used to frequent Bayhouse all the time. I am so bummed it is gone. Christine is awesome!!!!