Orchard Bank Visa Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ann, Nov 24, 2000.

1. Ann

Ann Guest

Do anybody on this board have a Visa card from Orchard I don't hear much anything about this card. How do you apply? When you go to there website you see both cards but they only talk about the Mastercard. Maybe its like Providian there Mastercard is by invitation only I was told.

2. Mike E

Mike E Guest

Hi Ann

I've had an Orchard Card since 4/2000. It isn't to bad. You can pay your bill online which I think is a real plus. Last month their web site wasn't accepting on-line payments so I called them and payed by phone. While I had the rep on the line I asked for a credit limit increase. She claimed that you have to have the card for at least a year before CL increase. Yesterday I got a letter that they had increased my limit by $200.

I wonder if I got the increase because I payed the complete balance last month?

Anybody have any ideas?

Mike E

Ann wrote:-------------------------------Do anybody on this board have a Visa card from Orchard I don't hear much anything about this card. How do you apply? When you go to there website you see both cards but they only talk about the Mastercard. Maybe its like Providian there Mastercard is by invitation only I was told.

3. r

r Guest

I currently have an OB Mastercard and also wanted a VISA. After calling several times to request an application, I kept receiving the application for the Mastercard. Finally, I was told that Orchard Bank is no longer opening NEW Visa accounts. Did't really understand the reason why but that's what I was told. I was finally given this information---not from the Orchard CS number but after calling the toll free number that appeared on the back of the applications I received.