Orchard Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Meadowlark, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Meadowlark

Meadowlark Active Member

Can anyone give me information about Orchard Bank? Thank you also when I tried to post a message was there "You can use vb code in your message, what does that mean?

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Orchard has sent me 2 pre-approval offers in the mail in the last 2 or 3 months. They want me to send a processing fee of $19 and in return they'll send me a card w/ a minimum limit of $300 and maximum of $1k. I got one of the offers yesterday. 18.9% apr (not shabby for a sub prime card), 25 day grace, 2-cycle billing (yikes!), $79 annual fee (WOW!), 1 time $19 due upon application, late/over the limit $29, etc. I passed obviously. But hey, when you've run out of options.....you gotta do what you gotta do!

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I just got one today from Orchard. $49 for credit limit "up to $1,500". No processing fee. Accepted online and got instant approval. Card to come in "approximately 14 business days".

I called to find out the credit limit, but a new young lady told e it takes about 48 hours to show up in their computers and that if I called back Friday, they should be able to tell me.

Well, it's another positive tradeline. I figure when it gets close to a year, I'll ask for a waiver of the annual fee.

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I got one in the mail yesterday....history

5. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

hubby received an offer yesterday too. $59 annual fee, cl up to $1500, two-cycle billing. 18.9% interest.

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Orchard is HHB. Beware!

breeze

7. Saar

Saar Banned

Orchard is years behind Capital One, and Decades behind the Associates.

They used to be a great sub-prime bank. It all ended when HHB bought them.

Saar

8. making

making Well-Known Member

Saar--- Associates is subprime? I had thought all their cards have no annual fee...which to me, means not subprime. Any knowledge of their underwriting criteria?

Personally, I find the fact that capone doesn't report limits really annoying. Using the same report, CapOne denied me an unsecured card, then approved a secured card ($99/$500). A few weeks later, Orchard approved a $1500 card which within a week, got raised to $1700.

-scott

9. Saar

Saar Banned

Associates' sub-prime products are among the best (no "annual fee" being one of the major reasons).

If you act smart, their card can be considered prime in every respect except for the credit limit. This has been my expereince.

I currently have their Gold Visa, no annual fee, 25 days grace, 10.49% purchase APR, $1,200-limit, online account access, friendly reps. However, Retention activities seem to be limited :)

Saar

10. making

making Well-Known Member

Wow. Very interesting. I wish I had applied for one instead of capone and orchard now. Any idea what kind of scores you need to get a card/or if the Exxon/Mobil card is more difficult to get then a regular card? Or which bureau they pull? I think in a few months I'll try for one. I was at 615 Experian before my new accounts.

I really hate that FCNB, Orchard, and CapOne have the annual fees. I could care less about APR..no way I will carry a balance just for the _possibility_ of greater cl increases. Unless I get to platinum capone, I think all of these cards and their histories will die for me after having them for 2 years, which kind of sucks.

-scott

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I am not happy at all with Associates. They haven't doen anything to me, but of all the cards I have, they are the most inflexible when it comes to giving better terms.

All my other cards have given me higher limits, lower rates, BT offers. Associates is at 24.99%, $1,000 CL, and they won't budge. They started me out at $800, gave me the other $200 after 6 months. I have tried everything but PF with them. I don't understand it. I called last week, and they said they will give me a CL increase at the 1 yr mark - that's november. Yuck.

breeze

12. aigle

aigle Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Household Bank? They have a 5% cash advance fee with a $10 minium, but I haven't had any problem with them at all.