Orchard Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lucy, Mar 21, 2001.

1. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Does anyone know anything about Orchard Bank? I applied for their Mastercard Classic Plus and was denied. I cannot figure this out, as I have gotten offers from Orchard Bank in the mail a year or so ago offering me a card. The credit is better now. A 3 year auto loan totally paid, and a 1 year auto loan never paid late. Although I have numerous old charge-offs, I cannot figure it out. Does anyone know if Orchard Bank has changed their standards?
  2. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Not that I know of...

You may want to call them directly and ask about the denial. They may change their minds. Good luck.
  3. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Re: Not that I know of...

I called them, asked for reconsideration and was again denied. I do not get it. I have 2 good trade lines, one 3 years old and 1 that is a year old.

The bad stuff is 2 CC's charged off in 1996 and 3 in 1999.

That's all. Too many inquiries I guess. I've been trying to get a decent CC to start off. I ended up with First Premier and (gasp) Cross Country Bank (which scares me to death) and I plan to close the CCB as soon as possible, as I lost my job, but my husband is still working. As soon as I get a job CCB is history.

I can't figure out Orchard Bank though. I went through the Credit Card Wizard they have and met the criteria...
  4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I wish I knew

I've had 9 charge-off dating back to 96, and about 5 positive tradelines. They were hounding me for about a year also. I finally accepted their offer last month. They sent me the card with a measily $300 and I immediately called and got a $200 increase. Pure luck I guess.

Why don't you try Providian. They are great in rebuilding credit. You may have to start off as secured and then after you show positive payment history, they'll unsecure it. But don't hold me on that. I have providian. They increased my limit to $1500 but haven't unsecured the account yet. It's a pain in the (blank) when you have less than perfect credit. I know, I've been dealing with it for almost 7 yrs. Hmmmm, 7 yrs of bad luck....I guess it fits. :eek:)

Keep your head and hopes up. Call Providian and see what they can do for you. Besides, you really don't want Orchard Bank. I've heard they are not really that good.
  5. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Re: I wish I knew

Unfortunately I had a Providian Card with a $1000 limit, for only a $19 fee, and my husband had one with a $500 limit for only a $49 fee, both were charged off in 1999. So Providian won't touch me with a ten foot pole.

We both got yet another 1st Premier Bank Card however, even though we had 2 charged off in 1999. I doubt the Providian would be so kind. :)

I have a lot of health problems, lose my jobs, and then the credit card bills are the first to suffer. I'm not about to lose my house or new car.
  6. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Lucy - 3 charge-offs in 1999 is a lot and that's pretty recent. Barely 2 years. Also, did you have another credit card open before you applied with Orchard? They may require that you've had a revolving credit card open for 6 months or something, even though it doesn't say that on their site. Some companies do, and are probably hesitant because of those recent charge-offs.
  7. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

You may want to close First Premier before CCB. I know that First Premier charges monthly maint. fees....I believe you should get rid of first Premier first. You may want to try CapOne, while I personally don't like CapOne because they don't report limits, they would still be a better choice than CCB or First Premier (Future Card). Also, you may want to hold off and try Orchard again in six months. Good luck to you.