orchard Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, May 13, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hi all, my husband just received a "pre approval" from Orchard bank. Anyone have any insight into this bank?? Also does anyone know what CRA they use?? My husband has one Aria platinum card and a lowe's card and that's it, I wanted him to get one more major credit card. So any input would be appreciated, thanks!!

2. Eric

Eric Guest

If he has a prime card (such as Aria Platinum), Orchard is not the bank for him.

They are a sub-prime lender. Which means they give cards out to people "rebuilding" their credit.

3. Michelle

Michelle Guest

Out of curiousity, what kind of limit does Lowe's give for the first time.

4. FISH

FISH Guest

I got a pre-approved Lowe's with a $1000.
    credit line when they opened a new store in the area.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

His limit is 1000.

6. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I agree. Orchard has been great for my daughter, who's rebuilding her credit, but your husband should shop around for something better. Keep an eye out for those interest rates. Many prime cards carry an APR as high as some of the sub-prime cards.

Lowe's is practically my home away from home. I'm always fixing things around my house as well as those of my more elderly neighbors. I just love their stores. It's my version of Nordstrom or Sac's!

Although I've never cared for retail cards because the interest rates are too high, do you know if Lowe's offers any discounts or rewards for using their card? I normally pay the cash for everything I purchase there, but if they have any good offers, I wouldn't mind charging it.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Doris, his lowe's card is 1000, but interest rate is like 19% I think, but if you get a higher credit line they have special rates for that, not sure what but extremely lower than his. As far as other banks, other than Aria he has been declined for the better cards, such as Citibank, discover etc. So I guess we'll wait to see if any other good offers come by, I just wanted him to have another major credit card.

8. Larry

Larry Guest

Well, I for one have had a bad experience with Orchard Bank. They charge a $99 annual fee, their customer service reps do not know the meaning of the words, and the supervisors are terrible.

I questioned why they would have the nerve to charge me $99 and they said that's what you signed. When I requested (3 times, mind you) for proof of this, they finally sent my original pre approved application. No where on it does it say $99 annual fee. It does not even mention an annual fee.

I called today about this, and the supervisor said "Your welcome letter states $99" I asked does it have my name on it. She said "No, it's a generic letter, but when you signed the application, you agreed to it." She then offered to send me a copy of the GENERIC welcome letter to me. She flat out refused to waive the $99 or even part of it. When I stated that on their web site they offered cards with a $49 annual fee, she stated I was certainly welcome to apply for one of those cards.

A very smarmy lady, with no clue how to treat customers. I stated I was going to pay off the card and close it and she said "Be my guest"

As a customer service professional myself, I am fully aware of how customers should be treated. These people do not know how, and they will even make you pay for the call to their customer service line (No toll free number)

My advice: Stay far, far away from Orchard Bank

Larry

Momof3 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Hi all, my husband just received a "pre approval" from Orchard bank. Anyone have any insight into this bank?? Also does anyone know what CRA they use?? My husband has one Aria platinum card and a lowe's card and that's it, I wanted him to get one more major credit card. So any input would be appreciated, thanks!!