Orchard Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MiamiBlues, May 4, 2001.

1. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Has anyone here been successful in having their annual fee on their Orchard Bank Master Card or Visa waived? If so, who did you contact?

Thanks!

Manny

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Orchard Crappens

Yes, I did this three years in a row but when I called today, I was told that I could get a waiver on condition that I pay the balance down to zero within 30 days and then they would close the account. Pressing the issue further, I said I didn't think what she was talking about was a waiver. Yes, I told her, I could close the account and avoid the fee but that's not a waiver because the bank isn't giving up a right to charge the fee if I do that. Then she made it clear that there is a policy of no waivers period. I thought she was encouraging me to close the account.

This has been a good account for the bank for the past 7 years. Paid them about $150 in interest in the last 12 months. 5K limit. Current balance -$80-. No lates ever.

I then asked for a reduction in the 15.9 APR. She said that's the lowest rate they have. When I asked about a credit limit increase, she offered $200 for a $10 fee. I said "no thank you".

This used to be a small friendly Oregon bank that treated customers well. It's too bad that Household Bank, Las Vegas, took over and screwed it up.

It's my oldest tradeline but it's history as of Monday. I've been spoiled by Citibank customer service so I don't fee any need to tolerate this crap.

3. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Re: Orchard Crappens

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sharing your experience regarding Orchard. I just got hit with my annual fee of $69. I have had this card for 2 years. Started with a credit line of $300 and it is now $777. Don't ask me who came up with that limit.

Anyway, maybe I'll try a Planet Feedback on them and see if it works.

Manny

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Orchard Crappens

Typical Corporate America =No matter how well it works we'll find a way to screw it up!