orchard gave increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by peeper, Feb 10, 2001.

1. peeper

peeper Guest

Paid off my 300.00 balance and suddenly they raised my credit limit to 500.00.But will cancel if they don't waive the 59.00 annual fee.

2. CCMax

CCMax Guest

Just curious, How long have you had the card? And what's been your payment style?

cc

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I get increases from Orchard like clockwork every four months but I've been with them a long time so maybe that makes the difference.

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I just found out that Orchard cashed my check for the processing fee ($19). Does this mean I was approved? I've been trying to get a cc but keep getting denied for prime cc. Then I received Orchard m/c offer in the mail stating I was pre-approved. So I said what the heck.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have had my Orchard card at $300 since I got the card last April. I will cancel if they do not increase me to $1000 and lower my APR. Oh, yeah I forgot. They gave me a $100 increase for $10 back in October. Why did I do that????

roni

6. rachal

rachal Member

I could be wrong but according to their on-line info. -- it said they would not cash the check until you were approved. Hope that is true. Good luck -- keep us posted!

7. Angela

Angela Guest

Whane I heard so much negative stuff about orchard, I threw out their preapproved offer.

8. peeper

peeper Guest

Had a bounced check once,had my card for a little over a year my balance floated between 200.00 and 300.00

9. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I have also herad negative stuff about orchard. I would like their card though. Would it be easier than normal to get one since I have a good auto loan through household auto? Oh about negative post on credit cards I have had my cross counrty gold for like 3 months now and nothing but good things to say. Good customer serivce and all plus they gave me a 100 increase.

-Kenny

10. Manda

Manda Member

I have had my card for a year now. It started out at $300.00. At about 8 months they gave me a $100.00 increase and then 4 months later another $100.00. I hope they keep up this trend. I usually only carry a small balance on this card and make my payments like clockwork.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You do realize that a $200 in 12 months is extremely shabby. Even Capital one can beat that. Not to mention capital one fees are cheaper. I dont even like C1 but I know they are more liberal than Orchard. That is what I dont like about them. I am told that if you stick it out they will give huge increases.....though.

roni

12. dave

dave Well-Known Member

my two orchard accounts get regular increases. first one opened in '96 as a secured card with a $500 limit; now at $5K unsecured.

second opened in 11/98 with a $300 limit now at $2200. Both have APR of 15.9.

my first cap1 opened in '96 as a secured card with a $500 limit; closed last year at $5K but with a security funds deposit of $2K. Cap1 refused to unsecure the card after six years!! 20+ APR.

second capital one opened in 11/99 with a $300 limit. closed at the one year anniversary with a $300 limit. 20+ APR.

at the same time that i was unable to extract anything from cap.1 except annual fee waivers, i obtained new cards totalling $41K. with APRs way lower than cap.1.

13. dave

dave Well-Known Member

cap.1 opened in '94 not '96.

14. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Well I was approved w/ credit limit of $300. I guess I'll use it for gas money and pay at the end of the month. :eek:)

Thanks to all for the advice.

15. William

William Guest

Orchard Bank has'nt increased my credit limit since I got the card back in Apr'00. They just approved me for another account, so now I have 2 cards with $300 limits. They both have annual fees. The first one is $69 and the new one is $89. I think its too high, and may close them.