Orchard/Household Retention

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Apr 30, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with Orchard/Household. They offered me a refund of half my annual fee, $200 CL increase or 16.4% APR on my Orchard card. Also, they offered a refund of all the annual fee, a $300 CL increase or 16.4% APR on my Household account which is about a month older.

I took the APR reduction on both accounts.

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

How old is your Orchard account? Thanks.

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

One year this month. Just got the new card (and the ultra secret prefered customer 800 number) in the mail last week.

BTW: The ultra secret 800 number for customer service is 800-216-1013. The number to retention is 800-597-1122.

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

....also I would have taken the annual fee refund (I assume they dropped the annual fee instead of just a one-time deal). It would take alot of revolving purchases to account for that $69.00 annual fee for a few percent less APR, especially if you have low limits. You can hit them up for the annual fee refund in a few months tho:)

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that and doing the math and asked if this was a forever type thing. They told me that it was just for this year. I know it will take me longer to make up the savings with just the interest rate adjustment, but the rate thing is permanent.

And, once it is lowered, when I call them in another few months it can only go down. The lower it is to start with the lower it will end up. And if they stop offering to lower the APR, I can always go with the fee thing then.

I know it is going to cost me more in the short run, but if I keep the account it will save me money in the future.

6. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

Orchard promised me the same thing last year and even sent a letter stating the new terms (APR reduction) - for five months they never reduced it! I closed the account and filed complaints until I was refunded by Household.

It could have been a fluke with my account, but they were really nasty to me when I called to complain each month -

Just make sure they keep their promise! :)

Gregory

7. camille

camille Member

Congrats Daveon your success with Orchard. I also had some success with them today (see my post below).

I was so amazed they increased my credit line that I forgot to ask for a refund of the anual fee. Hopefully, I'll remember next time.

Camille

8. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

The way the rep on the phone said it, I think I could have pressed for more. Hey said something like "Let's start first by seeing what the computer says you can have". I probably should have held out for two of the three options.

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

Congradulations... However, Go for more!! Cap1 is gotten so much better, with the people on this board.... Good Luck call back in a few months .. Good Luck