orchardbank limit increase exp

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by joe, May 29, 2000.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

could others please share their limit increase experiences regarding orchard bank. i am getting close to 6 months history with them and are wondering when i may get an increase?

2. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: orchardbank limit increase

The sad fact is any Orchard bank customers previous experiences with CLI are null and void.

I used to commend this bank as the best sub-prime card on the market.

But now there is a 'new regime' under Household Bank, now Joe, surely you must have received the notice (probably in tiny font and unreadable type in the middle of bunch of advertising crap) they sent you which states that they can charge/steal up to 50% (no this is not a misprint) of the requested CLI.

My advice is to sit tight and hope and pray they give you one because sure as hell you better not ask for one unless you enjoy being royally ripped off.

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

i rec'd it stephen. it states if "i request" an increase that a fee may be charged up to 50% of the increase depending upon "credit history". this does not apply towards unsecured increases that are automatically given. i have called their cust service and they states things are the same with household. i have yet to hear someone say they were charged 50% of the increase for one. banks always word things to their advantage.

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I opened my first orchard account in 1994 and a second one in 1998. Orchard reviews accounts for credit line increases approx. every six months. My experience has been that the increases come in as little as 4 months or as long as 7 months. I have always received an increase. according to orchard, the most important factors for increases is prompt payment and not exceeding the credit line. If this true for you, you should get regular increases. Also be aware that all credit card issuers monitor the three credit bureaus. So you make sure that negatives don't show up with other creditors.