Original Creditors Disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by samitra, Jun 24, 2001.

1. samitra

samitra Active Member

I was wondering if you receive updated credit reports from the CRAs when you dispute an item through the originial creditor. I had disputed with Equifax about Radio Shack account being reported twice on my account under two accounts numbers and different names and with all the lates days being reported twice. I have only one account. Radio Shack a few years back rolled over my (and everybody else)account into another number. I have disputed this item before with Equifax and they have removed it. But this time they say it stands. So I called Radio Shack about it. They say they can not even find that old account number and it should not be reported. They said that would straightened it out.

I also have Capital One with a letter from them removing off some late days. I have a letter from FNCB removing all derogatory remarks. I have a letter from Citibank on student loans correcting about late days that I disputed with Experian. Experian would not even dispute this item again. So I have to write Citibank with all the evidence. These are all being reported to the CRAs.

Do I need to order my reports to see if these have been corrected? Should I have not received an updated credit reports from them? (or at least on the disputed items?)

Thank you for your help.

samitra

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

You'll need to order the reports. The reporting agencies aren't required to send you free copies if your dispute wasn't with them.

3. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Write a letter to Experian demanding that they reinvestigate this item and attached the letter from Citibank, especially if you have a letter from the creditor proving that what they are reporting is incorrect, don't back down from Experian.

You are entitled to 100% accuracy on your credit file.

I am going through the same thing and I am waiting on my letter from Citibank and I will not accept their nonsense about not reinvestigating an item. If it's wrong, it's wrong !

Just my 2 cents :)

Cyprigirl:)

4. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Some time ago I contacted Sears and Ford about accounts that were being improperly reported. The creditors agreed and said they would report the corrected information. Both also followed up with letters. However, no updated reports. I had to request them on my own to verify the info was corrected.

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

If you dispute with the original creditors, they can't send you an updated copy of your CR. If you're disputing with the CRA, once your dispute is complete, they're to send you a new copy.

If you disputed directly with Ford or whoever, no, you won't automatically get a new report. YES, you'll have to get a new one on your own....at your expense.