OSI Collections?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by soup, Nov 1, 2001.

1. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, I have been reading the posts here for about two weeks now and have learned ALOT. I started my "repair" in July this year with Lexington, have had great success, only had two 97 collection accounts left (old phone bill & cable) and many inquiries. Lexington won't dispute inquiries so I've been disputing those on my own with the original creditors, so far only Direct Merchants bank has removed an inquiry. I have established 7 positive tradelines since 1999 and thought I was at the end of the road beginning to see the light when OSI popped up on all three reports, it's actually a dentist bill from the past year for which I absolutely don't agree with, in any event, I really would like to be done with this and because I was so close I was wondering if I should just forget about being right and pay what there asking if they'll remove it from my reports, in essence I'm asking if anyone has had success removing new (less than 12month old)collection accounts or has dealt with OSI specifically? I just registered on the board, so if I can help anyone out, I'll certainly post from now on...Thanx

2. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I have dealt with them, during the firsst six months of 2000, a woman named allison called me all teh time, trying to get their money, they were collecting on a old cell phone account an ex boyfriend ran up. She called all the time, and left these horrible messages. The collection was for 718 and it was paid 6/1/00. This year, I had the account removed through lexington from equifax and TU.

OSI is a real pain.

3. Jeff

Jeff Guest

I have a recent experience with OSI. In my case OSI was collecting on parking tickets for the Seattle Muni. Court. ( I use to think I was above the law and just threw them in the back seat...would not advise. LOL )

Anyway, I tried by phone for the longest time to pay OSI for a deletion with no luck at all. Finally I sent a validation letter. Within probably a week and a half of sending my validation demand, OSI's collection manager sent a letter basically validating the debt but offering a full deletion for payment, which is what I was after. I jumped on the opportunity and OSI honored their agreement.

OSI seems to want their money more than trouble. I would encourage sending a validation letter.

Good luck to you.

4. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Thanx for the suggestion, I think I will send a validation letter, if I can get them to remove it then I'll just pay it, I definitely need it in writing though, I've certainly learned that from this board! I'm buying a house in a few months and I think it'll just be easier and quicker to go about it that way, I think I'll still be on track for a clean credit report within the next couple of months if I deal with OSI myself and have Lex work on the other 2 old collection accounts...thanx again

5. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I WISH a collector had the nerve to leave "horrible messages" on my voicemail. I have always wanted to take them to court for this - what better evidence than a harrassing message in which they identify themselves - a great admission of guilt.

6. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

OSI is the same as Gulf State Credit. My suggestion is file a complaint with the FTC and your State AG. The FTC slamed them with a HUGE fine last year 300K, and today they have the same business practices.

Good luck

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Yes they are the same, although if you ask gulf state, they have nothing to do with OSI. Too bad their office and OSI are in the same building, same suite #. I would also file a complaint with your state banking dep't. I did this recently against gulf state and last week the entry was deletee. As far as validation letters go, the 1st one I sent them on 1 matter they responded they were ceasing all collection efforts and any derogs wowuld be deleted. The 2nd validation I sent in August to gulf state on a different matter, has not been answered.