OT- A Few Wedding Pics Up!!!

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by supershawn, Nov 14, 2001.

1. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Sorry PBM/ALL.....

I know this is off topic and will be moved to the other forum, but since so many have emailed about this and no one looks there I thought I would post here real quick......Bad, bad, bad, I know, but I am still going on 36 hours of no sleep and about 14 hours of driving and 6 hours of flying........

These are rough, not official, but will give you an idea.....

http://photos.yahoo.com/supershawn

Thanks!

Shawn

2. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

You guys look fabulous......VERY HAPPY for you both.

Sister Girl

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

You guys make a lovely couple.

Best regards,
    Mirage

Is that Elvis??? in the second photo?

4. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Absolutely beautiful..
    P.S. Erica - gorgeous, dress, smile, and bouquet!

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Did you guys come to Vegas and not tell me? I'd have bought you a drink.

I'd have bought you one too, Shawn.

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

YOU GUYS LOOK ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!!

I am still in shock! :-O

Hey....who's the SAUCEY DRUNK guy in the picture with you and Erica????? LOL...

:p

7. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Wow elvis in the house.

8. supershawn

Is that Elvis?

Bit your tounge!!!! LOL!

Of course it is.....He walked Erica down the aisle and sung...then did two more songs during the ceremony. Most people have there Aunt Ethels friend Martha, we had 'The King'.

Can't beat that!

You are only going to do it once...might as well have fun with it......

Shawn

9. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Erica, you look great! Shawn looks very handsome. This Elvis guy is killing me:)

10. staces5

staces5 Well-Known Member

Great pictures! You two make a lovely couple!!! :)

11. supershawn

Crap! Didn't know anyone was in Vegas...I would have definately taken you up on that one....

We had a ball. Hotel treated us great. Huge suite, limo's all the way, champagne and snacks in the room every night.....it was great. We even had one of them fancy toilets that squirts up in the air! I think we should get married about three times a year (too each other of course).

See that rock? You can thank Providian for that.....see Dogman, they aren't that bad after all.....

We are apart now...she had to go back to school and I had a new client to attent to. She will be flying down to meet her new family (and it's a huge one) for Turkey-Day...she will be Aunt-Erica two times over to my nephews and Step-mother to my Golden Retriever....(nightmares of 'No Bones on Wire Hangers!!!!!!!)

We are very, very, happy....just wish we could be together. I can't believe how we met and how perfect everything worked out (well, except for the fact I look so fat and pale in the pictures.....thought I was going to pass out there for a while)

Shawn

12. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Y'all look great and happy :)

13. uniondiva

uniondiva Well-Known Member

shawn.

you and erica look great together!! I am sure you will be together soon. Erica is probably looking so foward to being an aunt and step mom (smile).

I am sure the time you spend together will be precious.
    Congrat's......

14. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Awwwww! Yall look soooo cute. I'm shocked....I guess it IS true...Elvis IS STILL ALIVE. =oD He looked like he had alot of fun.

Erica, I love your dress. Supershawn....what can I say.....you had a smile from ear to ear. I can still see you cheeesin'.

You two have a fun and wonderful life together. You two are the perfect couple. And tell Elvis I have some questions to ask him?? ;o)

15. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you both. I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.

Dani

PS Erica, if he already knows how to operate the washer and dryer you're already half way there, hon.

16. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

Best wishes to both of you and your respective families!!!

Congrats!!

DB

17. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

Super good looking couple!!! Many good wishes to both of you for a very long and happy life together!
    Tuit

18. supershawn

Dani-

If you knew what I had to go through to pull this wedding off (and her too!) I think you would be impressed! Do you know how hard it is to pick out your wifes ring without here there? The pressure alone is enough to kill you!

Now, add the logistics of pulling it off 5 hours by plane and another 6 hours by car away......ugh!

We arrived in Arizona Thursday night....had a nice dinner by the pool and just basically hung out and talked.

Friday we toured AZ a bit and then back to the hotel for some seafood by the pool once more.

Friday night was an excellent full course Italian dinner at an awesome restaraunt in Scottsdale- Mancuso's. I was still trying to figure out how to give her the ring....my original plan was to have the waiter put it in our Tiramisu but we were too stuffed for desert. We had to order it to go...

While Erica was off 'powdering her nose' the waiter and I placed thie ring on the lid of the to-go box. When Erica returned he handed her the box, asking her if it would 'be ok'....her first reaction was 'Of course, everything was perfect'...then she looked down and saw the ring. A few tears and a yes later we were engaged.....then back to the hotel for a moonlight swim in the pool and hot tub.

Saturday we drove throught the desert to Las Vegas...then to Bally's for a nice dinner and some gambling and touring around (and a few last minute wedding changes). Sunday AM the limo picked us up and took us to be fitted for our Tux and Gown...while they were being tailored it was off to the courthouse for the marriage license. Now THAT was an intersting experience.

Then it was back to pick up the gown/tux, a trip to the spa for Erica to have her hair and vail done....a trip to the bar for Shawn to grab a muscle relaxant and few last calls from supporting friends...then in the limo again to the chapel.

The ceremony was nice....Elvis gave Erica away, sang a few songs, and the minister did his thing. The vows, the rings, the unity candle, and the smooch, ta-da! A few poses/pictures and it was back in the limo where we toured the strip while informing our parents of the news. I made out great but I have a feeling Erica is going to get grounded for a few weeks...LOL.

I am sure I am firgetting to mention a lot..maybe Erica can fill in the blanks when she see's this. Everything happened so fast....

We are having a full reception (by order of my parents....though we wanted one anyway) and of course all of you are invited!!!!! It will be in Delaware for anyone interested in making the trip....details are being worked out now and we are shooting for after the holidays (so you guys will be stuffed and won't eat as much!).

Thanks again, everyone....you all made this possible. If not for you, there would be no creditnet. If not for creditnet, there would be no 'us'. And then I wouldn't have this big ole' goofy grin on my face!

Shawn

19. BigH

BigH Guest

You two look great. May the earth open up its good
    will and give you all you dream of........

Oh, and use the credit wisely :>)

H

20. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

It all sounds very romantic...and quick. Hell, it took my husband and I five years from the engagement just to make sure we were making the right decision. I told him I don't think it takes the average person that long to decide. :) Best wishes. Where do I send my congratulations card?

Dani